Sign in to follow this  
Saito2

Alloy Hot Shot knuckles

Having inexplicably broken the knuckle on my rerelease HotShot, I'm in market to upgrade them to alloy, I generally don't buy alloy bits but have seen some examples of ill-fitting ones in the past. I think the Hot Shot rerelease uses DF01 knuckles. What is a reputable brand that still has these available? I've seen GPM, Yeah Racing, RCdamper and Jazrider mentioned in the past. Any insight appreciated. 

For show car, alloy is fine but if you were to drive them, the alloy will just transfer the force to the next weakest link or even worst, bent. 

Thank you for the concern. However, since I've snapped two Hot Shot knuckles and one CC01 knuckle at the same spot, where the ball stud screws in, under normal driving conditions (no jumps or crashes, just puttering around) I'm willing to take the risk. One of the Hot Shot's contemporaries, the Optima, used alloy for the knuckles. 

I’ve heard TA-01 knuckles fit. I was lucky enough to find a vintage set of Thorp knuckles for mine. 

5D53575C-729F-48BD-8582-05B14028F427_zps

26 minutes ago, Shodog said:

I’ve heard TA-01 knuckles fit.

Yeah, I think DF01/TA01/rerelease Hot Shot knuckles are all the same. Those are nice Thorp pieces @Shodog. There's a pair on Ebay for $128 at the moment :blink:.

I've bought a set of Jazrider ones for my re-re Boomerang. Not fitted them yet though.

I went with those after @ThunderDragonCy said he'd fitted some to a DF-01 and not had any issues.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Peter_B said:

I've bought a set of Jazrider ones for my re-re Boomerang. Not fitted them yet though.

I went with those after @ThunderDragonCy said he'd fitted some to a DF-01 and not had any issues.

Can't say i ran them much, but they are well made and stood up to me running GF01 wheels on my DF01. I bought mine after doing exactly what you did, snapping the hole at the ball screw. The steering arms did snap next, but alloy steering set solved that, and the big wheels put massive loads on them. 

• Thanks 1

FWIW, I bought a pair of Jazrider Aluminium front upright ams for TA01/TA02W/DF01/Hotshot from eBay for my Boomerang and they fit perfectly. Having just pranged my Bigwig, I've ordered another set for it  :mellow:

IMG_3459.jpeg

• Like 1