Bear77

Beginner (again)

8 hours ago, Bear77 said:

What’s a dt03?

https://www.tamiyausa.com/shop/110-trucks/rc-aqroshot/

Here is the DT03...

As mentioned above, there are lots of upgrades (hop-ups) for this car, since it is a newer model.  Its a bit more pricey than the Mad Bull, but has a lot more future potential...

As seen here, the DT03 has several variants, and parts will likely swap from one to another...  https://tamiyabase.com/chassis/149-dt-03#all-dt-03-variants

Terry

• Like 1

Sorry we are being a bit strong with the jargon. Tamiya now uses codes to desihnate the chassis kit and then puts different bodies on them. A DT03 is there latest 2WD buggy. It has body options of Neo Fighter or Raving Fighter, or there is a truck version the Aqroshot. The DT02 is the previous generation version which actually similar in a lot of ways, and can be got with lots of bodies - Sand Viper, Desert Gator, Super Fighter, Holiday Buggy, Street Rover. 

The Mad Bull would be a great, versatile runner. My mates lad has one and loves it. And as mentioned above, the shell is basically as Grasshopper2, so you could dress it up as a Grasshopper style body if that is what he is keen on. That's what i did (albeit with non standard colours) 

20190628_123604

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Bear77 said:

I started with a Sand Scorcher and moved onto a Quattro

My first builds with my Dad were a 79 Rough Rider then 80 Sand Scorcher  - followed by a first (cack handed) solo on an 82 Super Champ ...

I built, raced and sold lots of others after that until losing interest around 86 when RC10s commoditised ‘fun’ 🙄

My first build with my eldest was a re re Lunchbox about 4 years ago - carefully hopped up and painted in Scooby Doo colours 😂

The youngest went for a CC01 last year - again modestly hopped and painted with a Hi Lux body in Back To The Future black ...

They’re currently still deciding what to ask Father Christmas for 😇

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mongoose1983 said:

We love 'em all, definitely!! :)

The Lunchbox is a 1:12 scale monster truck, therefore tall and very prone to rollovers. The body is pretty fragile, but if properly driven it has the adorable capability to make incredible wheelies! The Mad Bull is a a 1:10 buggy with oversized tires, actually the very same tires of the Lunchbox. It is much longer and wider, so it is more stable and runs better than a Lunchbox. If you want something for your kid to run I'd say the Mad Bull is a much better choice. Once he "gets" the feeling of driving an oldschool RC vehicle, you can then get him a Lunchbox to build together. Building these things can be as exciting as running them. The Lunchbox is pure eye candy!!!

Here's some pictures of the Mad Bull (stock) and then some of my own Lunchbox:

ltamc8205.jpg[/IMG]

IMG_3282_zpsdooiwjux.jpg[/IMG]

IMG_3293_zps7vlzqmne.jpg[/IMG]

IMG_3350_zpsa9hz4m5t.jpg[/IMG]

Let us know later what car you will choose! ;)

And have a good Wednesday! :)

I think the mad bull has it although the lunchbox looks amazing! 😀😀😀