junkmunki

A Kyosho RS200 or two...or three...

So I did this today. It’s going to take me a while to get that throttle and brake setting sorted out. 

Took its time starting. Threw some penetrating oil down the barrel then it started whether or not that was a coincidence.. 

I think it’s running rich because i took it outside and it was REALLY REALLY SLOW even at full throttle hardly moving with loads of blue smoke, and when I pull back on the stick to engage the brake it just stalls. 

Turn the carb screw anti clockwise a quarter turn? Or something more sinister is afoot? 

Pull cord got snagged (the plastic runner hole at the top keeps coming off) and needs resetting so abandoned play for today as spent no time with family all day. Might get a short play tomorrow. 

683ABE33-AE78-4C27-B96A-B1484AE261C0.jpeg

It was because id taken the front drive shafts out LoL ! 

Actually it was because of this thread I’d read about the Centre diff that I figured it out. 

So I took it out for a run but it was either flying fast as I remember it or it was bogging down and going slow with no acceleration. I suspect fuel or air leaks.

Great fun sliding it about. I can’t figure out why the erratic running but there was fuel all over the place. 

I’ve kinda lost patience chasing the gremlins. 

I’ve had a great time but I’ve taken some pictures of it and I think it’s going to the eBay. I’ll take a few days to chew it over. 

Anyone want an RS200 ? 

2FFC0CD3-9095-476E-B4F1-2E6FD3060669.jpeg

For anyone interested, just started a Build/Restoration thread on the Nikon Pajero (uses the same chassis).

• Like 1

Hi can anyone help with this - I want to create a spring loaded set up for the brake lever exactly like in the photo...

does anyone please know what this small cylinder with the grub screw is called or where I could get one? 

CEAFA33B-B496-4B68-BD5E-17DF5FEF0986.png

• Like 1

Tamiya call them rod stoppers, part number 50622. Kyosho call them the same and they are in FD-36

• Thanks 1

I’ve found some Tamiya one’s on eBay thank you for that. 

Out of interest, other than eBay, gumtree and the like are there any good places to look for 2nd hand or model spares ?

2 hours ago, Andy Stewart1 said:

I’ve found some Tamiya one’s on eBay thank you for that. 

Out of interest, other than eBay, gumtree and the like are there any good places to look for 2nd hand or model spares ?

Here, Facebook forums (buyer beware), adverts at work, Japan, emailing model shops, overseas Ebay sites like Ebay.de and asking sellers if they will ship etc

• Thanks 1

If anyone has one I'm looking for the Throttle rod (the one with the bend in it) for these cars. Its part of FD-36.

Hi folks I didn’t want to hijack the pajero thread I just want to ask - 

Where can I get those PUG 205 gti rally style wheels from? That used to be on the optima

6 hours ago, Andy Stewart1 said:

Hi folks I didn’t want to hijack the pajero thread I just want to ask - 

Where can I get those PUG 205 gti rally style wheels from? That used to be on the optima

Do you mean the flat dish ones with the slots around the outside, or the dishes ones with the round holes? They have both been used on the Optima. The ones that are on the Pajero were not used on the Optima, but were fitted to the Kyosho Sierra Cosworth.

I have used sets of the first two available if you are interested.

J

2 hours ago, junkmunki said:

Do you mean the flat dish ones with the slots around the outside, or the dishes ones with the round holes? They have both been used on the Optima. The ones that are on the Pajero were not used on the Optima, but were fitted to the Kyosho Sierra Cosworth.

I have used sets of the first two available if you are interested.

J

Hi @junkmunki

its the ones in this picture: I think they are the sexiest wheels ever. 

If you have a set of these I’d definitely be interested ;)

D6636C40-0C7A-4F7D-B5BD-C3E17E579450.jpeg

5 hours ago, Andy Stewart1 said:

Hi @junkmunki

its the ones in this picture: I think they are the sexiest wheels ever. 

If you have a set of these I’d definitely be interested ;)

D6636C40-0C7A-4F7D-B5BD-C3E17E579450.jpeg

I have 5 wheels. Three are good condition, two are a bit nibbled and need restoring. £10 the lot + postage.

J

DSC_5654.JPG

DSC_5655.JPG

9 hours ago, junkmunki said:

I have 5 wheels. Three are good condition, two are a bit nibbled and need restoring. £10 the lot + postage.

J

DSC_5654.JPG

DSC_5655.JPG

Yes please! PM you now! 

Interesting servo linkage @Andy Stewart1 !

I just picked up an OS Max 10FP in Japan for very little money. There are still some nice period motors about.

i-img640x480-1584275460f7bndg723202.jpg

:-) lol - throttle or steering? 

I have just taken up an offer of a gs-12 and an old OS 10 fp from a Facebook post I made earlier so I’m going to give those a try 

Ok I received my new engines .. so tried the OS 10 of course first .. looks in good nick turns nicely .... 

installed it all... and I just can’t believe it’s exactly the same as the last one.i.e: 

- takes a while to get started 

- only starts by chucking a ton of fuel into the carb and opening the throttle to about 60 percent 

- once started have to leave it throttle wide open, even leaving the glow plug starter attached as soon as it closes it stalls. But the engine is already red hot after just a few seconds flat out 

SO... because the problematic running seems identical could I then establish that the engine / carb is not at fault and it is either my rubbish eBay glow plug starter, fuel tank and delivery of fuel thereof (ie not enough FT pressure) or the fuel itself ?? (16%) 

any helpful guesses I would be massively grateful , I don’t want to spend unnecessary money 

I’m am sure you were waiting for the next instalment so here me goes.. 

good progress after tons of trial and error. 

I noticed the following. 

The ebay glow plug starter is actually useless rubbish. The original glow plug starter is great.

leave the glow plug attached for 30 seconds after starting 

stars easy now and idles ok. 

But is still really laggy despite loads of tuning backwards and forwards. 

Noticed fuel coming from the glow plug. Undid it to clean the surface and noticed there were two washers on it. I took one washer off and replaced but now it wouldn’t crank. Quickly checked the glow plug in this engine to my other one and it’s a few mm longer and has a u shaped part on the end of it. 

Refitted the two washers and started again . 

In the attached video something really strange happened. All of a sudden the car kicks up a notch in revs and it starts running great! 

i check the engine and the pipe from the exhaust manifold to the tank to supply pressure has completely popped off. So the car runs loads better without that pipe!? What gives ?? 

It was too rich I hear you thinking... but the needle valve at this point is only about a single turn open. 

Proper confused  🤷‍♀️ 

2 hours ago, Andy Stewart1 said:

Unfortunately I can’t post the video so you’ll have to take my word for it ;)

Dont spend too much time wondering why or how, just enjoy it if it runs well...:D

J

10 hours ago, junkmunki said:

Dont spend too much time wondering why or how, just enjoy it if it runs well...:D

J

@junkmunki good advice right there sir! 

I do enjoy it, yes they were / are temperamental and always will be.

Still great fun to drive. 

Addicted to the smell of nitro fuel too , so.... :) 

Ok so here ends my RS200 diary. Great thread and thanks for starting it man. 

The memories are ours. Forever.  

Hi Guys this thread is a master stroke. Just got my lancia delta back up and running not using the original engine but a changed 15. not sure on make but it runs. Does anyone else not run on grass? It runs great on gravel and tarmac. However it does appear slow. could it be the slipper clutch if so what do I need to buy? I will try to upload a video. 

I also have an issue with my flip top fuel tank it sprays fuel from the flip top what can I do to solve this other than a new or zip tie it down.