The Twingo Lord

How dumb was it to put these in my lunchbox

Simple answer, yes. The plastic bushes in the transmission will probably melt and weld themselves to the axles, and you be quite lucky 'when' you roll it if the LiPo doesn't get damaged and catch fire. :blink:

12 minutes ago, MadInventor said:

Simple answer, yes. The plastic bushes in the transmission will probably melt and weld themselves to the axles, and you be quite lucky 'when' you roll it if the LiPo doesn't get damaged and catch fire. :blink:

Welp, I have rolled it, the duct tape held up, I mean, I could life it by pinching the battery. If I got bearings would it be ok? I have a smaller battery that just wasn’t charged, I’ll use that next.

I used a similar setup on a King Blackfoot. All the bushings were replaced with bearing and the gearbox given some heavier grease. It is a fun way of learning throttle control, but the constant roll overs get boring after a while. Ended up putting a Pumpkin wheelie bar on it.

It's not fast enough until it does standing backflips 3ft off the ground when you blip the throttle.  Lol

Check the 6s lunchbox in speed run thread for more details.

• Haha 1

On 9/12/2019 at 3:15 AM, wolfdogstinkus said:

It's not fast enough until it does standing backflips 3ft off the ground when you blip the throttle.  Lol

Check the 6s lunchbox in speed run thread for more details.

I found a 6s lunchbox, and saw the video, but it didn’t do a backflip, can you send me a video of it? (If there even was one)

Not really but I did put a 4600kv castle motor in my wr02 camper van and that was the reaction it gave. I'd imagine the lunchie is capable of similar behaviour.

I have to say though, with the castle motor, it could self right, until I started snapping driveshafts and I changed it for a milder 3300kv. It's not as much fun but I haven't broken it since.

Here's a mad bull with an ezrun 4600kv on 2s lipo, driven by a 7 year old. :)

its the closet I can do at the moment.

The motor the OP put in is a 380 in a 540 can, so it won't have as much torque as a regular 540. It may not be too bad. Or it may still be overpowered. The first run should show which it is.

1 hour ago, Biz73 said:

The motor the OP put in is a 380 in a 540 can, so it won't have as much torque as a regular 540. It may not be too bad. Or it may still be overpowered. The first run should show which it is.

It’s controllable, but it can get onto the wheelie bar from half throttle, I think it’s a good balance actually! 

• Like 1

Not as dumb as the 8.5t brushless setup running 3s I put in a mates Lunchbox. The Hornet 18t pinion made all the difference though. Roll on 40mph wheelies are fun till something breaks. And you need lots and lots of space to run in.

• Haha 1