toyolien

TT-02 Type S Alloy Steering Confusion

I'm just about to start building up a Type S and want to upgrade the plastic steering to alloy. However, I'm confused. Part number 54752 is the whole set up but it says "not suitable for the TT-02 Type S" This is the kit I've ordered and as It's just arrived, I noticed that It's not for the Type S.

This is 54752:

54752.jpg.70f93ba5eeeabf547b2fb2c33cefffab.jpg

So, i looked in the manual for the correct parts, and it says 54574 and 54575. But when i looked at these two parts, it seems that they are the same as in the kit 54752. Can anyone confirm why the kit I've ordered won't work, before I order the above two kits? Thank you.

And here's 54574 and 54575

54574.jpg

54575.jpg

The kit you have ordered will work absolutely fine, it is just that you won't need to use all of the components that it includes. 

The Type S already has turnbuckles and ball connectors as standard, so these parts are not needed. No reason not to keep them as spares...

• Like 1

I suspected that this was the case. Thank you for confirming so quickly, much appreciated. 

Can confirm using kit on my tt02 type s. Just use the factory turnbuckles, everything is fine.

8 hours ago, Juls1 said:

Can confirm using kit on my tt02 type s. Just use the factory turnbuckles, everything is fine.

Thank you.