maddad

Just brought loft find

nice find. Never get those in NZ. Wish I'd rekindled my Tamiya obsession when I lived in London.

• Like 1

I was very lucky brought a whole collection including very nice custom build rock socker with all the hop ups a monster beetle a vintage m01 mini chassis  all for 300pd 

The Frog and TA-01/02 looks intact. Those are nice project cars to restore or modify.

I got 8 cars in all a lovely rock socker new build never run beetle a m01 full build chassis and this do u know what this is would b gr8 if u did thanks

15688764664885374907935440980044.jpg

Looks like a TL-01.  Entry-level touring car chassis prior to the TT01.  Had a long production run, loads of parts still available, not the lightest or best-handing touring chassis by a long way but a robust runner and can be a rewarding drive on the right track.

Also makes a good donor for a rally chassis, I have one with TLT wheels which I use as a trail truck, can be narrowed with M04 arms or widened using TL-01B arms to make a buggy / stadium truck.

Doesn't have much residual value but IMO that means you can have more fun and less guilt making something crazy out of it :D 

Nice find :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mad Ax said:

Also makes a good donor for a rally chassis, I have one with TLT wheels which I use as a trail truck

I am intrigued, Is there a thread on this one?

1 hour ago, Mad Ax said:

Looks like a TL-01.  Entry-level touring car chassis prior to the TT01.  Had a long production run, loads of parts still available, not the lightest or best-handing touring chassis by a long way but a robust runner and can be a rewarding drive on the right track.

Also makes a good donor for a rally chassis, I have one with TLT wheels which I use as a trail truck, can be narrowed with M04 arms or widened using TL-01B arms to make a buggy / stadium truck.

Doesn't have much residual value but IMO that means you can have more fun and less guilt making something crazy out of it :D 

Nice find :)

Thanks for help can't decide if I let my nephew have this or m02 don't know which is better ty

17 minutes ago, geniusanthony said:

I'm new to this what's a thread mean

15 minutes ago, maddad said:

I'm new to this what's a thread mean

A thread is a forum topic, e.g., you started a thread on "just bought loft find".

The entymology of the word probably has to do with world wide web, just guessing on that last bit...

1 hour ago, geniusanthony said:

No thread but here is the truck.  TL-01 chassis, TLT wheels, crawler motor, locked diffs, oil shocks.  Not a particularly capable crawler but it drives the trails OK.

One day I'll get around to rebuilding it over a proper scaler chassis.

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=100463&id=15729

1 hour ago, maddad said:

Thanks for help can't decide if I let my nephew have this or m02 don't know which is better ty

TL01 is four-wheel drive and slightly bigger, so will be easier to drive.  Most modern 190mm touring car bodies will fit.

M02 will be rear wheel drive and has a more primitive monoshock suspension design.  Parts are also harder to get hold of now.  Harder to drive.  Uses "M-chassis" bodies which are typically smaller cars in 1:10 scale or larger cars in 1:12 scale; wheelbase depends on how the M02 has been configured (it's adjustable, using interchangeable spacers).

Depending on your nephew's age, my advice would be to give the TL01 to a younger driver and keep the M02 for a restoration or a quick ebay sale.

He is 9 and has a double blaze but wants a road car thanks for advice will give him tlo1 and get shot of the m02 ty

21 hours ago, maddad said:

Hi just picked this up on ebay 

Screenshot_20190916_194827_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

Hey. This appears to still be for sale on ebay (item 264467948112)?

14 minutes ago, Hairyjon313 said:

Hey. This appears to still be for sale on ebay (item 264467948112)?

That would b correct got a gd reserve on it so if it sells I'm happy and if it doesn't sell I will restore myself

Screenshot_20190919_203831_com.ebay.mobile.jpg