Grumpy pants

To bundle or not to bundle?

My small brain can’t quite decide-

I have 3 to 4 cars to sell and I have lots of handsets, batteries and chargers spare as well.

Usually I would split them and sell them separately to maximise the return and to broaden the buyer range.

It is time consuming and probably  small change in the whole scheme of things.

However the  extra pocket money is always useful but spare time is in short supply! 

What would you do? 

Order of selling-

Rere FAV

Rere Wild One

Then -

Rere Blitzer Beetle

Another Rere Fav

And maybe a Rere Willy’s Wheeler. 

Bundling limits your market dramatically. Id only bundle if there are items that are going to be hard to sell on their own.

• Thanks 1

For me, I'd (try and) follow the "do it right, do it once" motto - make separate listings on a certain online auction platform, Buy It Now with Best Offer and let them run until they sell. 

I think you'd struggle to find someone that wants 2 FAV's and a Wild One unless they are trying to recreate a Mad Max scene (you have approached @MadInventor right? ;) ) 3 separate people that want a cool buggy with radio gear each? - that doesn't sound so improbable.

Realistically you're only looking at an hour to take all the pics and create the listings and then you don't have to think about it until you get some offers or have to post them out.

• Thanks 1

List them separately, but consider offering a discount if someone buys multiple units. e.g car, transmitter, charger etc etc.

• Thanks 1

My thoughts/experiences on this are quite mixed; Selling separately will definitely net you more return, but I've not really seen any proof separating the parts up will help you sell easier, + it means a lot more wrapping/packing & trips to the post office which is something a lot of people (including myself) didn't factor in.

As re-re's are aimed at a bit of nostalgia &/or getting people into RC there are probably more people looking to buy a car ready to go than there are looking to buy a rolling chassis & then source all of the extra parts to get them going. All that being said, a certain online auction site is is doing another of there limited time promos where you only pay £1 per item you sell (no matter what it sells for), so you can try listing either way & see what works for you!

• Thanks 1

List separately as you are likely to attract more interest.

If you list the cars at say £50 each, there is a bigger market than listing the lot at £200 for the 4 cars.

Yes, it does mean packaging up 4 parcels but shipping 4 cars in 1 package might also present you with a problem regarding maximum package size and choice of courier service.

Don't list the duplicate FAV's at the same time - wait until 1 of them has sold. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks chaps all really good tips and food for thought. 

I will sell each car individually 1 by 1.

I have enough spare kit to sell 3 of them RTR with handsets, chargers and batteries which is time efficient for me. 

So it will be-

WO Roller

FAV 1 RTR

FAV 2 Roller

Blitzer RTR

HTC RTR 

This is partly based on how they are at the moment 😉

All the best gang 👍

Simon 

• Like 1

I need to do my tax returns before anything else Tamiya, I set myself a target of getting everything to my accountant by the end of September,  better crack on with that then 😂

Great tips gang, thank you.

2 cars sold artr and one car sold as a rtr bundle.

Thinking on selling 1 more car this year as I like even numbers, but a little unsure as to which one to rehome. 

Possibly  a Wheelie as I have 4 variants of these, but then they are such great models...