Sign in to follow this  
mtbkym01

TA06 Chassis And Yokomo body

Looking for advise from any TA06 “experts”. I picked up a 2nd hand TA06 chassis which I was hoping I would be able to fit a Yokomo Toyota Crown body onto. Before I get too far into it, I placed the body over the chassis and it seems that the wheelbase of the chassis is too short for the body? I’m no expert on touring car chassis but I thought a 190mm touring car would be fairly universal for the bodies that are available out there? Is the TA06 chassis wheelbase changeable?

heres my Chassis so far, and a stick pick of which body I planed on fitting

48768347562_541a9db097_k.jpg

48768693646_5e91c090b2_n.jpg

I’ll try and get some pics of the untrimmed body over the chassis to show how much it seems to not align. Any advice that anyone has would be greatly appreciated

How much too short is it? 

You can gain a few mm front and back by adjusting the spacers on the suspension shafts but probably only about 5mm.

• Like 1

The Yokomo Crown body is 275mm wheel base isn't it? That's longer than normal. Standard touring car wheel base is ~255-260mm.

If the wheel arches aren't cut from the body yet, you could cut the rear arch slightly forward and the front arch slightly rear ward of where they are supposed to be. Then rearrange whatever spacers you can on the chassis to extend the wheel base as much as possible. It might be possible for the chassis and body to meet in the middle - somewhere about 265mm, and it shouldn't be noticeable from a distance that the wheel base isn't quite correct for the body. 

• Like 2

Yokomo makes some Long WheelBase version of their Mark X, JZX100 & Crown bodies to fit their DIB 275 LWB drift chassis. 

TA06 is std wheelbase 257-259mm, there's no adjustment to reach 275mm. 

• Like 2

Right, I guess I’ll need to find another body for the chassis, dunno what I’ll do with the Crown then

Cut & shut, chop 15mm out the middle? :D 

Or buy a DIB 275 or find a used std DRB/DIB etc and rebuild that onto 275 chassis plates, sometimes can work out cheaper depending on your luck.

Yok shells are pretty wide ~200mm too, they can take big offset wheels to fill the arches. But the extra track width might affect handling/tuning when used for grip running. 

Goes to eBay to look at DIB 275 kits :blink:, goes back to eBay to list Toyota Crown body for sale 

yeah don't blame ya matey, Yok asks an arm and two legs for their 275s - crazy money even in JDM Yen, ludicrous after AUD conversion 

tried to dip a toe in with DIB RS, got distracted by MST :) 

• Like 1