Lucaa

Throttle ain't working

Hey,

So I just joined the forum because I need some help on my car. The car always worked fine untill now, I haven't used it for a while and now the throttle isn't working anymore. It gets the signal and starts making a beep sound when I pull the trigger but no movement, only the red led lights up. The steering works fine. 

I already tried to reset/reprogram the esc but it didn't do much. Using the tamiya teu 101bk

I hope you guys know how to fix this.

Hmmmm, can you put up a pic of the receiver please?  

It may be a problem with the receiver, do you have a spare one to test with?

Thanks Lucaa, it looks to be wired correctly.

Hoping that someone with some more experience with your ESC can chime in to assist.

If you swap the channels does the throttle work then? If you swap the connectors in the RC receiver around (so throttle works the steering, steering works the throttle, just for testing) and the throttle starts working but the steering stops working, that helps you diagnose the fault. If the throttle still doesn't work its the speed controller or motor, if the fault transfers its the receiver or transmitter. 

• Like 1

It doesn't change when I swap the channels, the throttle still doesn't work. It only shows the red led and starts making the beep sound.

So that rules out all the radio gear. That leaves the ESC and Motor.

Use the link on this page to try resetting the calibration and see if it behaves then, if thats not possible you may have a duff ESC. https://www.tamiyausa.com/shop/electronics/rc-esc-teu-101bk-brushed/ 

Bearing in mind how cheap you can get a reasonable quality speed controller these days you can either carry on the fault finding or grab a new ESC and get on with life. Other little things you could check, is the motor free moving (not jammed) and does the battery have a decent charge? 

2 hours ago, NobbySideways said:

does the battery have a decent charge?

+1

If the battery is low the ESC will cut out and beep

Okay, so I fixed the throttle somehow but it looks like my motor doesn't have enough power to make it drive. The wheels are spinning when I hold it up but as soon as I put it on the ground the power is gone.

What is the best thing I could do? Place a new motor or change the gears or something else?

Do you have a different battery you can try?  It's possible the battery can't power the car any longer.

When you put the car on the ground and move the throttle does the motor still make a spinning sound but no drive ? as it could be the pinion gear has come loose on the motor