Silverado

searching for fun new build, High Lift,brat,TXT-2 any ideas?

So the problem I have now is that I have plenty of rc´s but I dont know what would be the next project.

I have 2 young kids and another coming soon so time on the trail is limited for a while but evenings can be used to build atleast. 

I have RC4WD TF2,SCX-10,2x TT-01,2x CC-01,Clod,M06 Lowride Pumpkin,Grand Hauler,Turbo Scorpion,TB-03,MST CMX and many boats etc. only the tf2 ,clod,turbo scorpion and cc-01 have seen roads others are still on the shelf.

I would like to do a scale beauty or fun basher. so hard to think what would be fun.

I have drooled over the High-Lift Tundra(weird  that some one likes it I know, lol) , but a friend had the hl 350 10 years a go and I remember it being cool but almost unusable on trails.

If I get one it would be build as trail truck but I have the TF2 allready for that...  -Is higl lift tundra any better then f350/hilux?

It is so nice looking though...

The TXT-2  monster looks really nice but it is also very old design and dunno it it will take max bashing.

Brat blue edition is also nice but still I dont know if it is fun enough to drive.

There is also the bruiser copy hg p407 that looks nice but cant say anything about the durability/parts supply. Also it is chinese copy and... dunno

Traxxas slashes,rustler,stampedes etc I have had earlier ,sold these long ago I think I only like Tamiya for some reason...

I can maybe use about 400€ on the kit/bearings. Electrics I allready have for about any build.

I guess I am looking for a really nice build or nice looking and bashable truck.  Any ideas?

If you like trucks, how about a DT02 chassis with mad bull/blitzer front knuckles, blitzer or mad bull wheels and a truck body. I put a proline monster truck body on my DT03 and its a great basher, but the shorter DT02 wheelbase will give you more proline or j concepts body options

This is mine

2019-06-22_06-02-02

• Like 1

TXT-2 all the way.... fun on any terrain, great build and HUGE!!! Quite durable but not the way like Traxxas trucks. And later you can buy a lot of nice hopups for it. The stock wheels and tires are not so nice but with TXT-1 wheels and pickup body its a beauty. Also TXT is the most authentic replica of real monster trucks... 

Tundra is a nice build but gets boaring on trail. Brat is a nice truck but I always found ORV chassis annoying while building but its only my personal oppinion :D

• Like 1

The F350 with MFU is on my short list.  Been wanting to build one for years.

11 hours ago, Silverado said:

I would like to do a scale beauty

It doesn't get more "scale beauty" then the Vanquish VS4-10 IMHO.

I just received my limited black edition yesterday.  It's simply breathtaking.  Angels sang when I opened the box.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3

From what you mentioned, on your list, TXT is without a doubt a worthy addition. Old design but years ahead of the other shaft drive monsters. Handling is nice, trans and axles are strong. 

People spend bookoo money on SMTs to make them decent versus the only thing TXT needs is silver cans on 3s and will be plenty to start.

Building and running vids here

https://www.youtube.com/user/geniusanthony

• Like 1

Dynahead g6-01tr 

Superb build, trail truck or Speed machine, great build lots of hopups if you want them, 4ws if you want....

• Like 3

I'm not sure the High Lift is the best option with already having a TF2.  I enjoy a High Lift but mainly for just putting around the grass or a very light trail.  Certainly less capable than a TF2 on the trails but enjoyable in it's own right.  I may say the TXT2 or maybe suggest the Kyosho Mad Crusher?  Slow it down and you've got a TXT type truck with 1/8 buggy internals that should hold up well.  Mad Force axles were used for super size crawlers for a bit and were supposed to be stout.

16 hours ago, Blissard said:

How about a CC01 with modified suspension with toyota prerunner, F150 or chevy s10 body ? I think cc01 would make a nice prerunner chassis with slightly modified suspension.

Not my link but I've done this before and it fits perfect;

https://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=63666

I dont know, good suggestion but I allready have 2 CC-01 and had 2 more before these.

12 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

If you like trucks, how about a DT02 chassis with mad bull/blitzer front knuckles, blitzer or mad bull wheels and a truck body. I put a proline monster truck body on my DT03 and its a great basher, but the shorter DT02 wheelbase will give you more proline or j concepts body options

This is mine

2019-06-22_06-02-02

That looks killer! -need to think about that, any build threads on these?

12 hours ago, TDanny said:

TXT-2 all the way.... fun on any terrain, great build and HUGE!!! Quite durable but not the way like Traxxas trucks. And later you can buy a lot of nice hopups for it. The stock wheels and tires are not so nice but with TXT-1 wheels and pickup body its a beauty. Also TXT is the most authentic replica of real monster trucks... 

Tundra is a nice build but gets boaring on trail. Brat is a nice truck but I always found ORV chassis annoying while building but its only my personal oppinion :D

I really like the TXT-2 ,the clod has not seen much use but this could be nice, on the short list.

9 hours ago, Juggernut said:

The F350 with MFU is on my short list.  Been wanting to build one for years.

It doesn't get more "scale beauty" then the Vanquish VS4-10 IMHO.

I just received my limited black edition yesterday.  It's simply breathtaking.  Angels sang when I opened the box.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Really nice, but too much dough for me!

9 hours ago, geniusanthony said:

From what you mentioned, on your list, TXT is without a doubt a worthy addition. Old design but years ahead of the other shaft drive monsters. Handling is nice, trans and axles are strong. 

People spend bookoo money on SMTs to make them decent versus the only thing TXT needs is silver cans on 3s and will be plenty to start.

Building and running vids here

https://www.youtube.com/user/geniusanthony

Thanks, trying to find some builds now to look at.

8 hours ago, taffer said:

Dynahead g6-01tr 

Superb build, trail truck or Speed machine, great build lots of hopups if you want them, 4ws if you want....

Thanks for the suggestion,but that truck does not feel right to me.

3 hours ago, tamiya3speed said:

I'm not sure the High Lift is the best option with already having a TF2.  I enjoy a High Lift but mainly for just putting around the grass or a very light trail.  Certainly less capable than a TF2 on the trails but enjoyable in it's own right.  I may say the TXT2 or maybe suggest the Kyosho Mad Crusher?  Slow it down and you've got a TXT type truck with 1/8 buggy internals that should hold up well.  Mad Force axles were used for super size crawlers for a bit and were supposed to be stout.

Actually I had the Kyosho outlaw rampage pro kit on the list but I need to get  Tamiya now.

This is my TF2  ,being stubborn I need to ask, what do you think the High-Lift on this sort of terrain. I just watched this old video and it just makes me smile still . Maybe I need another tf2 lol.

I am scale nut and I need to think do I want a monster truck or trail truck. but it needs to be nice. thats why the High-Lift is still on the list.

The price (under 400€ ) is not too bad because it comes with the 150€ body set. the tf2 I build  I stopped to calculate the cost after 1000€ :p

The Beier sound module (like on this tf2) would go on the next build also.

Talking to myself here a bit

The 1985 4 runner body that rc4wd sells...wow I have scx-10 without body and the tf2 above so thinking maybe just body swap the toyota to tf2 chassis and the blazer to scx10...that is another option. sadly the body set costs so much that with paint etc the budget will be used . Maybe a nice toyota body for old but unused mst cmx also, like the extra cab.  this way I can get the unfinished items on the display at last.

but then no new toy :( 

Why everything is so difficult to decide lol.

• Like 1

@Silverado The build thread is a bit of a beast as it started from when i was getting back into it. Shell fitting is page 7 onwards

I use Schumacher truck tyres and foam inserts on Blitzer Beetle wheels. The white aqroshot wheels are the same though. Buy the mad bull steering set is tje chrapest way to get the knuckles. You will need stiffer rear springs (the 53927 set is good for this) and 1 hole damper pistons. Other than that it's all good. 

20 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

@Silverado The build thread is a bit of a beast as it started from when i was getting back into it. Shell fitting is page 7 onwards

I use Schumacher truck tyres and foam inserts on Blitzer Beetle wheels. The white aqroshot wheels are the same though. Buy the mad bull steering set is tje chrapest way to get the knuckles. You will need stiffer rear springs (the 53927 set is good for this) and 1 hole damper pistons. Other than that it's all good. 

Thanks, will read the build now!

On 9/25/2019 at 1:39 PM, Silverado said:

The 1985 4 runner body that rc4wd sells...wow

Agreed. B)

I have a 1:1 4Runner and I'd love to build a 1:10 to match.

How do you find the TF2 chassis?

I'm on the lookout for a chassis to pair with this body.

Sorry for the hi-jack.

1 hour ago, Falcon#5 said:

Agreed. B)

I have a 1:1 4Runner and I'd love to build a 1:10 to match.

How do you find the TF2 chassis?

I'm on the lookout for a chassis to pair with this body.

Sorry for the hi-jack.

Sad to say but... I think the TF2 is the best scaler I have ever seen. Small mods like better shocks and it is so nice. I love Tamiya but the almost full metal tf2 is most likely something I would never sell. My best rc car is the tf2 . If I had the money I would buy another right now...

My tf2 build is https://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=81872

43 minutes ago, Problemchild said:

I just turned my lunchbox into a cannonball run beauty :)

1upUFHH.jpg

JJ

That does look really good!

I have lunch box and blackfoot also on my shopping list... maybe 

On 9/26/2019 at 11:13 PM, Silverado said:

Sad to say but... I think the TF2 is the best scaler I have ever seen. Small mods like better shocks and it is so nice. I love Tamiya but the almost full metal tf2 is most likely something I would never sell. My best rc car is the tf2 . If I had the money I would buy another right now...

My tf2 build is https://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=81872

You didn't do a very good job of trying to talk me out of it. :lol:

I had a look at your thread, but all of the photo links are broken...

Looked at Tamico a week a go and had to order the Tundra also.

299€ (and it was 5% extra sale weekend)  ,with bearing kit and shipping it was just 329€ total

So  get yours also lol, still 299 over there

• Like 1

On 1/17/2020 at 5:38 AM, Silverado said:

Looked at Tamico a week a go and had to order the Tundra also.

299€ (and it was 5% extra sale weekend)  ,with bearing kit and shipping it was just 329€ total

So  get yours also lol, still 299 over there

I bought and built a Tundra, sold it last year and regretted it more and more.....

Wish I hadn't read your post cos I've just ordered one from Tamico :lol: