Blissard

Unable to edit posts

I am trying to edit a post but it starts shaking and buttons don't work afterwards. Also after trying to edit a post the content disappears from what I see.

• Thanks 1

Same problem here. Also, embedded Youtube videos appear with an extremely narrow portrait aspect ratio.

Yep - same here... using Mac Safari on my laptop to post/edit - the screen totally freaks out!

Interestingly though, I just tried editing it via my phone (iPhone) and it worked fine, no jumping at all.

Jx

Ditto! acts like a Pinball Machine

well i just now was able to edit, the other night wasn't possible

Windows 10 and Google this 2nd edit started to twitch but stopped instantaneously.

3rd attempt just now acted up slightly longer, i'm just glad it's not my laptop.

still bucking but stops. 

It works alright for me now, on internet explorer windows 95. I like how clicking on edit opens a proper new page now.

56 minutes ago, Blissard said:

...internet explorer windows 95

:o:o:o really?

can i ask what computer are you using? 486DX?

edit: ok edit seems to work this instance. on my older posts with images it still glitches.

Edited by MockTurtle
test
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, MockTurtle said:

:o:o:o really?

can i ask what computer are you using? 486DX?

edit: ok edit seems to work this instance. on my older posts with images it still glitches.

I am clueless about computers. I was using an 2009 imac but recently the hard disck broke and my dad gave me a windows laptop. All I know is it says windows 95 on the screen. I can play my childhood games now though that didn't work on imac.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Blissard said:

I can play my childhood games now though that didn't work on imac.

Maniac Mansion, Zac McKracken, Doom, Tie Fighter, Sim City 2000, Stunts, Dune, ...

I love them all!

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Collin said:

Maniac Mansion, Zac McKracken, Doom, Tie Fighter, Sim City 2000, Stunts, Dune, ...

I love them all!

Ohh I forgot about Sim City, I should download that too.

• Like 1

it's something to do with window size. if ever you encounter the 'shakes' when editing, try resizing the browser window smaller (or something to other than full screen), then it should stabilise.

It doesn't work for me, just resized my window into various shapes. I just open edit in new window.

On 10/20/2019 at 7:40 AM, acprc said:

Same here @netsmithUK. Can make it stop only by reducing the window size right down.

I wonder, as per my post above, if something in the latest iteration of the software is optimised for mobile devices rather than lap/desk-top size devices?

As I say, I can edit my posts using my iPhone or iPad no problem (ie. Apple iOS), but on my MacBook everything freaks out - any idea's Chris @netsmithUK?

Jx

edit. I just edited this post (as I saw I'd spelt optimised wrong), and sure enough, it freaked out - but interestingly, reducing the size of the window has indeed stopped it jumping, and I am here, now, writing to you from my regular keyboard. However, I do notice that the bar at the top of the post (with the font size/bold/italic etc. in) is now all compressed and unaccessible... curiouser and curiouser?

I'm having the same issue, at first I thought I had a sticky key or something :)

Resizing the window smaller fixed it for me.

Last week it happened the same to me, and after resizing worked alright.

I was wondering what is this that I got today?

tc agn.jpg

11 hours ago, Blissard said:

Strange, does edit page show that warning ?

@mongoose1983: By the way, I can't see any of your photos on your recent posts except for that warning screenshot.

Hi Bert!

The warning did not come from clicking "edit". It's just another strange thing coming up in here the last couple of days.

The photos are on imgur. Perhaps something changed in the relation of this website and imgur? TC is always changing something. The pic I posted above was actually uploaded to this here website, though.

By the way, did you change your nickname?

2 hours ago, mongoose1983 said:

Hi Bert!

The warning did not come from clicking "edit". It's just another strange thing coming up in here the last couple of days.

The photos are on imgur. Perhaps something changed in the relation of this website and imgur? TC is always changing something. The pic I posted above was actually uploaded to this here website, though.

By the way, did you change your nickname?

Hi Erich!

That's what I thought, also photos uploaded to imgur show up on google images but I can't open them in real size. It's probably because of my computer, I am always having hard times with technology.
I changed my nickname about 2 years ago but it's still scalextreme on main site. According to the site I joined the forum 6 years after I first posted here, hehe