Sign in to follow this  
mtbkym01

Fitting pre drilled body on another chassis

Anyone figured a way of disguising pre drilled body holes that don’t line up with the chassis body posts? 

Ive got a Subaru WRX shell (from a TL01 kit) that I’m thinking of fitting onto a TA06 chassis, but it has pre drilled body post holes that are not in the right place for the chassis.

The obvious answer is to cover with stickers, but is there any other method people have used?

Cheers

No real solution, especially when it's an unpainted body. Super painful if it's a shell you want to build for display and its factory prepunched; worst when you know out there there's been some units of same body that's not prepunched :P 

If you're building to run & its prepainted, that's easiest... either cut new holes or use magnet underbody system. Cover wrong holes with lexan scraps shoegoo'd.

For display... we'd go find another display chassis :) TL01 holes should fit on TA01-4, FF01&2, some early HPI RS4s etc

If you're feeling creative get some straight up plain bodyposts that screws in from the bottom. Use angle aluminium from Bunnings to craft mounts extending off the shocktowers... etc etc

then again if you're using TA06 IFS you don't have front towers :unsure:

2 hours ago, WillyChang said:

No real solution, especially when it's an unpainted body. Super painful if it's a shell you want to build for display and its factory prepunched; worst when you know out there there's been some units of same body that's not prepunched :P 

If you're building to run & its prepainted, that's easiest... either cut new holes or use magnet underbody system. Cover wrong holes with lexan scraps shoegoo'd.

For display... we'd go find another display chassis :) TL01 holes should fit on TA01-4, FF01&2, some early HPI RS4s etc

If you're feeling creative get some straight up plain bodyposts that screws in from the bottom. Use angle aluminium from Bunnings to craft mounts extending off the shocktowers... etc etc

then again if you're using TA06 IFS you don't have front towers :unsure:

Seems like another chassis for the body I’ve got, and another body for the chassis I’ve got. No wonder I’ve got so many cars :huh::D

5 hours ago, mtbkym01 said:

Seems like another chassis for the body I’ve got, and another body for the chassis I’ve got. No wonder I’ve got so many cars :huh::D

Yuuuup... suspect I probably got 3-5 shells for every touringcar :blink: running low on braincells to remember what fits on what.