Matworks

Need help identifying this chassis!

Hey guys! I got this chassis as part of a trade. There are no Tamiya markings on it. It did have Tamiya wheels on it but they could have easily been changed from something else. Does anyone out there recognize this chassis? It may not even be a Tamiya. Any help would be appreciated!

D868E1AA-93CA-48CB-9E3D-0A287C14D30D.jpeg

I don't know for sure, but I don't think it's Tamiya.  Tamiya always uses wheel nuts with nylon inside so the nuts won't fall out.  Bolts can be a problem because they cannot have nylon to secure them.

I was going to say "Rally Legend" (RTR with radio, battery, painted body and a wall charger, for about $150).  But that has motor at the rear like TT02. (It does look suspiciously close to TT02)  And they also use wheel nuts.   So, yours could be something similar to Rally Legend, but another brand.  

SIFyqlq.jpg

26 minutes ago, Juggular said:

Bolts can be a problem because they cannot have nylon to secure them.

This chassis has a central wheel bolt with a nyloc nut on the back of the hub

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, KEV THE REV said:

This chassis has a central wheel bolt with a nyloc nut on the back of the hub

Oh, so it's like reverse!  That is interesting!  

Thank you for clarifying that.  I also found out today that it can have motor at either end.  That's cool.  

• Like 1

I had the Mustang version for a while , quite basic , but fun . I had to swap out the steering links and servo rods to adjustables to take out some of the slop from the snap on fixed rods , but they are good drifters

P1180004.JPG

• Like 1

Thanks for the video from YouTube it really helped! I would definitely say that what I have is an HPI e10 chassis. Now to decide what to build with it!  

• Like 1

Be careful with it. The E10s are pretty delicate. Most of them were RTRs with plastic drift tires, and they can't handle any power.

On 29 September 2019 at 8:07 AM, Juggular said:

Oh, so it's like reverse!  That is interesting!  

Thank you for clarifying that.  I also found out today that it can have motor at either end.  That's cool.  

E10 like their Micro RS4 can change the thickness of the hub to adjust track width. Using a screw that you can easily change length for (to accomodate thicker hub) is easier than changing stub axles.

E10 uses some real odd plastic bushings. They're round outside with hexagon (or octagon?) inside. :) they're pretty huge but they wear out quick.

HPI did sell spareparts BiTD :P but price was close to buying oddball sized ballbearing to fit instead.