Munkeyfeet

TT02B advise

Hey gents,

just bought a neo scorcher and plasma edge 2 for me and my daughter to have some fun with.

we want to do some tinkering and had a few questions.

1 - do you have to keep the front wheels smaller than the back? What effect does it have if all 4 either run wider or narrower? 

2 - will any 12mm hex wheel fit?

3 - what are good tyres to get? Happy to have a few different sets but we would be running on sand, grass, tarmac and dirt.

if you could provide links to any products that’s would be great.

seen ones like these - would they work?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4PCS-Alloy-Beadlock-2-2-Wheel-Rim-For-1-10-RC-Axial-Wraith-TRX-4-SCX10-II-AX10/223462002974?pageci=eb8f9de5-ae2c-44a8-84f9-3c663de6820e

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Rear-2-2-Wheel-Rim-RC-205R-Off-Road-Buggy-12mm-Hub-D-62mm-W-36mm-Metal-1-10/192420399541?pageci=639afc39-fcb7-4489-8d34-47f3ab9c38f6

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Front-2-2-Wheel-Rim-RC-205F-Off-Road-Buggy-12mm-Hub-Metal-D-62mm-W-29mm-1-10/192420410506?pageci=48de4022-809c-4833-81ec-8987feeaa84c

thanks for the help.

I run proline dirt hawgs on my tt02b ms. They are great for off & on road. I also used tamiya egress screw on hexes which are a perfect fit. I orginally was using tamiya metal hexes and they constantly didnt want to come off without force with pliers. 

• Thanks 1

1. No, front wheels can be as wide as the rears. On the tt02B MS they’re already the same width, it’s just that wider wheels equal more force needed to steer them so you will maybe need a stronger servo. 

2. Not all hexes will fit. 12mm is 12mm, so they will fit in the wheels but some have 5 mm holes which don’t fit on a tt02B wheel axle (which goes from 5 to 4mm where it’s threaded). When they’re specifically for Tamiya, they most likely will fit. 

3. I use wheels from AliExpress, 15 euros per set of 4 (or something like that). Standard 1/10 buggy 4WD wheels with rims, lots of sellers on AE have them. The profile are small lines perpendicular to the direction of rotation. Good grip on asphalt, shallow dirt, sand and dry grass. On my TT02B MS with 10.5 brushless they even squeel like a little pig under braking, hilarious!

• Thanks 1

I now only use my TT02B on grass and the kit tyres are actually really good. They wear really fast on tarmac, probably arent any good on sand but should be ok on dirt. I did run mine on tarmac initially and wore them out and was really surprised how much difference a new set made on grass.

• Like 1