sansoora

Need 80mm Steering Rod Please

Hello All,

Sorry to disturb. I am repairing my nephew's 'Super Blackfoot' which is like a 'Monster Beetles.' I have read that the servo works best in the centre, hence need another rod please.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks!

If you have a hobby shop nearby that sells airplane stuff, they sell threaded rods that you can cut to length.  They are also stronger than stock and you can use your stock ends.  I bought an 18 inch rod for $1.50 locally.

I bought some M3 threaded rod from Banggood for nit very much delivered if you have no luck locally. My son bent a steering rod on  novafox and 50cm rod was less than buying a new Tamiya part

Thanks both for the tips,  much appreciated. 

I still haven't been able to find a local or other supplier for the 80mm rods. Any other ideas?

Thanks

On 10/9/2019 at 3:59 PM, sansoora said:

Thanks both for the tips,  much appreciated. 

I still haven't been able to find a local or other supplier for the 80mm rods. Any other ideas?

Thanks

You can do a search on EBAY for 80mm turnbuckles.  3mm is a rare size for that length, 4mm seems more common.  You might have to buy new ball ends???

Dubro is a popular brand in the US.  I used a set of #2157 with some Dubro ends when I centered the servo on my Bush Devil (SBF)...  Works great...

The threaded rod solution is the cheapest.  You might try your local Hardware store, or Arts and Crafts store...  

Terry

Guys, thanks very much indeed. Very much appreciated.

I picked up a 3mm, 200mm length rod from eBay. I will cut it down to size for use. It's going to look slightly different with the thread full length, but it'll work fine.

Thank you all once more.

I’ve had 3M rod from various Ebay sellers, some ship in plastic bags and some ship it in cardboard tubes. The rod always gets bent when sent in the bags.