Sign in to follow this  
Munchbox

Vintage Blackfoot restomod

Hey guys, been awhile since i've posted here as time has been on short supply and high demand since I became a father last September (yay me!)

I've been brainstorming ideas to get my 80's Blackfoot up to snuff again to start running it. I bought it as a roller a couple years ago and replaced the front suspension, added rere oil shocks, rebuild rear end, custom side plates. Currently its running a Stampede body which actually fits pretty well and a 12t brushed motor. 

Heres my ideas so far..

Repaint Stampede body flat black and add some basic red and white decals shooting for Blackfoot style.

Change the motor out for a 3600kv brushless setup sensored on a tble02s.

High torque metal geared steering servo and replace the small ball studs with larger modern pieces to clean up the steering.

Cw01 tires (lunchbox) on Blackfoot wheels.

Im wondering about making brackets for upright rear shocks. Does this even make sense to do?

I'd love to replace the whole rear with a super/king rear but I havent seen any reasonably priced donors around.. 

Any big Blackfoot runner mods im missing here? Anyone have a spare tble02s for sale?

I highly recommend the CRP #1624, #1625, and #1627 braces...

JG makes FRP rear shock plates that will allow upright shocks (JG #5004)...

There is an alloy version on EBAY currently, but I'm not a fan of that piece since it has sharp edges that may damage your body...

Terry

And sorry for the typo - the edit function isn't working for me...

But that should be CRP #1622, #1624, and #1627...  The #1623 is nice to have, but its super-rare...  Luckily, it isn't required... https://ebay.us/miODTQ

Regardless, this guy makes reproductions of the #1623, https://ebay.us/zLOGTi

I am NOT at all affiliated with these EBAY sellers...  Just passing along some info...

Terry