bjorklo

Wanted - Drawings of Nimrod CF parts for Dyna Storm

As mention in another post I'm trying to build myself a Nimrod Dyna Storm. I'm in need of 1:1 drawing of the CF parts such as chassis plates, damper towers, and so on (all the 2D parts if I could call it that). I was thinking to make the parts myself. 

So if you got some of the parts and would be willing to make me a drawing, please let me know. 

Cheers,

Odd-Arne 

FCFB4FAF-2193-407D-806F-B60FF52F4D5E.jpeg

I have a complete Nimrod Racing Dyna Storm (Dyna Lightning), but I do not have a CAD program. What I could do would be to mark the parts on graph paper. However, that will take some time, because I first have to disassemble the car completely.

Regards, Jochen

100_1351-K90-P50.jpg

OffroadCult_DL.jpg

Edited by joe999
append Pictures
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, joe999 said:

I have a complete Nimrod Racing Dyna Storm (Dyna Lightning), but I do not have a CAD program. What I could do would be to mark the parts on graph paper. However, that will take some time, because I first have to disassemble the car completely.

Regards, Jochen

100_1351-K90-P50.jpg

OffroadCult_DL.jpg

Wow, such an awesome car you got. If you could do that it would be highly appreciated. And on paper work just fine for me. And I would love to get some more photos of the car, to see all the other parts on it. I'll send you an pm. 

unfortunately i lost the most pictures due a Harddisk crash, but i´ve published the transformation

from Dyna Storm to Dyna Lightning 10 years ago in a German Forum where you can find some pictures

on three Pages: http://www.offroad-cult.org/Board/tamiya-dyna-storm-tuning-ersatzteile-t11771.html

As you can see, Nimrod Racing never buit the Carbon parts as in the picture you have published.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, joe999 said:

unfortunately i lost the most pictures due a Harddisk crash, but i´ve published the transformation

from Dyna Storm to Dyna Lightning 10 years ago in a German Forum where you can find some pictures

on three Pages: http://www.offroad-cult.org/Board/tamiya-dyna-storm-tuning-ersatzteile-t11771.html

As you can see, Nimrod Racing never buit the Carbon parts as in the picture you have published.

Oh? I must have a look and see. Thanks for sharing.

12 minutes ago, joe999 said:

Yeah i see now the parts you got is very different from in the picture i posted. But in the picture i posted it’s real nimrod parts picture, but they never came as far to produce these parts?

The picture you posted was shown in their shop over years and shows the original ideas how to create spare parts.

But during the development they had their own ideas and not only rebuilt but also improved them.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, joe999 said:

The picture you posted was shown in their shop over years and shows the original ideas how to create spare parts.

But during the development they had their own ideas and not only rebuilt but also improved them.

Cool I didn't know that. Thanks for that information. 

Here you can see that the parts in the picture are provisionally. Do you know this

thread from Singapore_959, the one who started this impressive porject?

3 hours ago, joe999 said:

Here you can see that the parts in the picture are provisionally. Do you know this

thread from Singapore_959, the one who started this impressive porject?

Oh, I didn't know that he started it. And I also didn't know about the thread.. I had a quick view and I'm really looking forward to reading it all, to bad that the pictures have been blurred out by photobucket. 

Man I missed the boat on the Nimrod stuff!!!! Let's get all that stuff printed and send the chassis info to Fibrelyte.

4 hours ago, GTodd said:

Man I missed the boat on the Nimrod stuff!!!! Let's get all that stuff printed and send the chassis info to Fibrelyte.

Yeah as you can understand  I also missed that boat.  But it's not just to get em printed since many of the parts have been casted with carbon fiber inside. Not making these parts the same, kind of take as away the special thing about the parts. 

Sending blueprints to fibrelyte is not my call to do, so I will not be doing that. 

But I would love to get the possibility to buy all the parts. 

• Like 1