slimleeroy

DB01 Durga

Hi.  Me and my lad are wanting to get a new buggy for a weekend of dad boy time.  I was looking at the Durga as it fits in with our "4wd from every generation" plan.  How are they?  Does anyone have one (or more)?

Thanks guys

I ran a Baldre DB01R for a while. Blimmin lovely chassis. Ball diffs in the basic durga will need careful building and maintenance (i had front one way and gear diff rear in mine) but other than that they are great. So capable. 

I have a DB01.  I prefer the Baldre body shell (it has more room underneath) as the Durga shell won't fit over my electronics and wiring.

I think it drives really well.  I have hopped it up somewhat with TRF dampers and aluminium suspension mounts.

35 minutes ago, slimleeroy said:

Cool sounds good.  Are the gear diffs a hop up?  There is a slipper available aswell if I recall

Yes. 54329 for both ends. If you are good building ball diffs there probably isn't any need, but i am crap with ball diffs. There is a slipper too. I used the single slipper which was great, but there is a double slipper which slips the front belt as well. Not sure if it's worth it. If you're not going to be overpower it then you probably don't need one. Probably the best thing you could buy is the 53927 df03 setting spring kit. I ended up with the gold front springs on mine ro calm the steering down. They have tonnes of grip. 

3 hours ago, Wongataa said:

I have a DB01.  I prefer the Baldre body shell (it has more room underneath) as the Durga shell won't fit over my electronics and wiring.

I think it drives really well.  I have hopped it up somewhat with TRF dampers and aluminium suspension mounts.

Curious, are you doing any track driving with it?

I don't have one but they're always on the radar. Rcjaz have the DB01RR kit for a decent price, I would go for that over the standard DB01 as it includes the hopups that you'd probably end up buying anyway - alloy shocks, slipper clutch, takes lipos, aluminium suspension mounts etc. It will be much much cheaper this way. It doesn't include a body or tyres though so factor that cost in.

• Like 1

I have an R. It's easily the best handling buggy I've ever driven.  Highly recommend one.  R RR or RRR are ideal.  Even the kit stock Durga I drove was amazing with a cheap 15T motor.  The main hop-up you want tho would be a set of steel 501X out-drives for the rear ball diff.  When running ball diffs, the rear is typically set looser than front so they need to be more heat resistant.  Also some extra 3mm washers/shims to tighten up the damper pistons between the two e-rings on the shock rods.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mahjik said:

I haven't done any track driving.

On 10/2/2019 at 5:34 PM, Mahjik said:

I did a bit on a national standard astroturf track. It was brilliant. 

• Like 2

The very specific stuff like slippers are a bit then on the ground, but arms, uprights, steering is all readily available as its shared with all the other TRF 4WD buggies

• Like 1

Hi guys. So i am abt to get my hands on one. I have actually paid for it; it will be on its way to me soon. 

Its a used one though. Only seen pics of it, so i hope its not too banged up.

Afew questions; so the wheel adaptors are not standard 12mm hex? 

Not sure if i would run it or just rebuild it really, but if i do run it, it will definitely be brushless, but a low powered one.  Prolly take it to the track.

Is the slipper necessary?

What exact wears down in the absence of a slipper? Pulleys?

I am intending to install the gear diffs btw.

Its actually my 1st buggy. All replies appreciated, even the trolling ones :D