Seanster43

TB-01 levant same robust gears as early TB-01’s?

On my quest to build a high speed rally car this got me thinking. Is the newer levant chassis set up in regards to the gearboxes the same as the older TB-01 ones?  Seems easier for me to source a new levant that I can modify to suit. It will be a slow build and I mean slow 😂

The Levant also has metal gears, but is geared lower than the TB01 to accommodate the larger wheels. The first picture in this reply shows the difference in bevel gear size:

Edit: you can see the Levant’s smaller gear with the crescent shaped hole as opposed to the splined hole on the TB01. 

Edit 2: I suppose it’s also worth mentioning that the Enzo version of the TB01 also used the larger gears, but in plastic with a crescent shaped hole. Yay consistency!!

@Seanster43

Any questions in regards to the TB01 or Levant please feel free to drop me a message or tag me in a post. There isn't much I can't answer about them. If you search the build section for me you'll find my TB01 build thread and my Ultimate TB01 Slow build thread along with the Levant thread as shown above.

In regards to the gear boxes..... They are the same. Only the diff pinion gear is a different size and the mounting hole for it.