Sign in to follow this  
Biz73

JConcepts Rips 1.9" tires

Back when I had my Bear Hawk the front tires were difficult to find and very expensive. I'm wondering if anyone has tried the JConcepts Rips 1.9" tires on a Bear Hawk/Madcap? If they fit, it could be a good option for running those models. Hmm, what could I sell to get another Bear Hawk? :lol:

http://www.jconcepts.net/shop/rips-19”-rc10

• Like 1

I use Schumacher 2" (for the CAT I believe) or my Bearhawk and I think they look excellent and don't cost much.

spacer.png

I'm not sure how well a 1.9" would go, maybe if it's very soft it might stretch out. Be interesting to find out! 

Ps kidneys always fetch a decent price if you're looking for something less precious than a Tamiya to sell. 

• Haha 1

Very nice Bearhawk! Definitely a forgotten classic, and one of Tamiya's better looking buggies.

On 10/5/2019 at 10:00 PM, Biz73 said:

Back when I had my Bear Hawk the front tires were difficult to find and very expensive. I'm wondering if anyone has tried the JConcepts Rips 1.9" tires on a Bear Hawk/Madcap? If they fit, it could be a good option for running those models. Hmm, what could I sell to get another Bear Hawk? :lol:

http://www.jconcepts.net/shop/rips-19”-rc10

I tried a set on my Wild One, they do fit and are ever so slightly wider than the standard 3 rib buggy tire. 

Have not driven them as I am waiting to test the RC4wd 1.9 sand paddles at the same time.