WARPED 86

My daughters first tamiya

B) Hi guys I have recently purchased a rerelease Monster Beetle for my 10 year old daughter and we have been building it together I have a rerelease Hornet and can’t wait until her Monster Beetle is complete so we can go and get both cars out driving around together it has been a long time since posting in the club I also have my original Hornet from childhood, an original Frog and an original Lunch box that have not been run in a very long time it is a great hobby and I am glad to be able to share in it with my daughter I’m sure a lot of the members of the club also have made this a family hobby I am in Perth Western Australia and am always happy to hear from people from any where sharing the same joy but would especially like to hear from anyone from the same area to perhaps join for a day out with our cars 

DEF9EDA7-25AB-4213-887C-D8F49E5B372D.jpeg

• Like 16

hello and a warm welcome to the club thats a great pic she looks sooooooo happy with the beetle 

there are a few members from  Australia  on here 

• Like 1

Thanks for the welcome and for the reply yes she was extremely happy as she has been asking for one for about 4 years it sounds mean but I didn’t want to get it for her until she could understand and actually be involved in the building process and I think that was the right way to approach it because she has actually been able to do quite a lot of the more basic stages of the build and she really enjoys it and being a bit of a big kid myself I think that I enjoy it just as much it’s great fun 

E5C01F79-7CD5-4904-B5F9-8902D8FF3823.jpeg

7844FE71-9C29-4616-973A-088A7E36013E.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Life is far too short to be anything other than a big kid. If you've paid the bills, got a full stomach and a roof over your head then you've been sensible enough for one lifetime. She looks like she is enjoying herself, this is going to be an expensive hobby if she gets the bug! :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Happy birthday to your daughter! I'm sure she's so happy. :)

I gave my CC-01 to my daughter. Her first drive reaction was, "OMG dad, this is so much better than any phone, online or playstation game". She loves RCing now. :)

That's awesome to see, thanks for posting.  I'm sure she'll have a blast with it.  I love that she's interested in assembling it, very cool.

That's a very happy bunny right there.

You're fulfilling your duties as a father admirably.  Happy belated birthday.😀

Great to see kids are still keen on building kits nowadays.

There are a number of us in WA.

I've been wanting to have a run in Perth for a while now, but always pressed for time while there.

I need to plan a trip specifically for RC.

Throw up a post on here, shouldn't be too hard to get a crew together for a bash.

here is my 5 year olds Mad Bull.

2019-10-12_07-06-32

Used a dolls head for the driver and of course it had to be pink......the red strips was my touch to lift it from all pink!

Awesome :) my daughter is only 2.5 years old, so not really old enough for RC yet, but she loves chasing my G6-01 around the garden.

She has some large scale Tonka trucks from the 80s which are on long-term loan from her uncle, they're a similar scale to a Lunchbox and the same colour too.  So when a friend was selling a used Lunchbox with a few hop-ups and no radio gear for a small handful of notes, I jumped on it.  I don't have a lunchbox of my own but I've always wanted one.  Well, now she has one, although it doesn't have radio gear in it yet.  She quite enjoys pushing it around the floor, which is what counts.

IMG_20190930_180756.jpg

She has always enjoyed helping me with RC projects - these photos were taken just over a year ago when I was servicing my E-Maxx:

IMG_20180908_101037.jpg

IMG_20180908_101058.jpg

• Like 7

Everybody deserves to find the joy in a lunchbox. Still my favourite rc of all time.

I think big bouncy tyres are the key for kids RC. I got mine a Risibg Fighter and it was fun to build with them but it wasn't a great runner. I briefly had a lunchbox which my youngest loved but i found it frustrating. Earlier this year on a whim i bought a Conical Hornet just to own something silly. For me it strikes a get compromise as it looks brilliant, pulls wheelies, has a great driver, the kids love it, but it actually drives pretty well too because it has proper suspension and oil shocks. 

Thanks for all the great comments guys and Mad Ax your little one looks so happy with her new Lunchbox I think it is really good to see the younger generation showing an interest in r/c there is a young guy a couple of houses down from us that has his r/c car going up and down the street all the time though his cars are generally modern examples which personally I find to all look rather generic and uninspired unlike a lot of the aesthetically incredible designs of the tamiya releases from the 80’s even so it is good to see the r/c hobby alive and kicking at least not all kids these days are addicted to the social media movement 

• Like 1