Lunchy

Newbie With Lunch Box

I have another question for you guys.  Since the spline on the servo is 24 tooth and the servo savers that came with the kit are 25, I bought a kimbrough servo saver with 24 spline for my Hitec servo.  Actually says Hitec on the package.

My concern is that the servo saver that came with the kit sticks out about maybe a 1/4 inch further from the servo than the Kimbrough/Hitec servo saver does.

Any thoughts if this would cause an issue, or do I need to get another servo that has 25 spline to fit the savers that come with the kit, such as Futaba?

thanks again!

I shouldn't think it would be an issue . The servo faces down , so the steering rods would just sit a little higher up at servo end . Best thing to do is fit it all up and check for clearance etc , then adjust rod lengths to suit

Really stuck now.  I have everything built but the wheels etc...  The steering works but the throttle does not.  The kit cam with a Tamiya TBLE-02S.  There are no LED's lit or flashing.  If I hold the set button down it will flash green and if I just press it, it goes red just for a blip.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Turns out that the color code in the manual for connecting the engine was not correct.  I changed the wiring and we are now good to go.

thanks

When I go to paint the body with Tamiya paints, is it best to prime it beforehand or can I just jump right into painting it?

thanks

lots of advice on the forum about this, such as here:

but in a nutshell (assuming you aren't allergic, sorry if you are) sanding and primer are a must. :)