Alexei

TT-01 stabilizers/sway bars

i was going to put this unused TT-01 with a bunch of nice upgrades for sale, but as i probably wont get much for it i decided to keep it as a fun car for when i want some grip driving. some years ago i had a TT-01D which i think was the car i had most fun driving, so im going for a similar build. i just bought an sport tuned motor the other day to replace the stock silver can, and im thinking of trying these stabilizer sets. its not for competion, but purely for fun.

i read some people dont think stabilizers for the TT-01 is worth the money, or that it doesnt really add much to the handling. is there anyone here that tried the stabilizer set on their TT-01, and if so, whats your thoughts?

another thing is i have always been curious to try those stabilizers, and see how they work. it looks like the stabilizer sets arent that easy to find (but still manageable), so i would want to try while i can get them..

Generally speaking you’ll only add sway bars if your trying to reduce overall grip, control extreme body roll on very long suspension or managing weight transfer in a high CG chassis. 

generally speaking these are conditions you don’t see on TT01. 

I can’t say I’ve ever thought I needed them on my TT01’s or TT02’s

on my long travel modified XV01 long damper spec they are mandatory to control all the extra travel. But then there is 30+mm of travel, with 10-15mm of sag. Your TT01 probably only has 10-15mm if travel and your probably not running much sag, so it’s much less likely to be a issue.

hmm, sounds like the money would be better spend somewhere else. at least i think i will should to take my TT-01 for a drive and see if i find it fun as it is now.