Alexei

graphite drive shaft?

hello, i am considering buying a hollow graphite drive shaft for my Yokomo MR-4TC SD CM since i have it in pieces and totally cleaning it right now. im not familiar with the graphite stuff at all, and might need some inputs.

does anyone here have used the Yokomo graphite drive shaft in their MR-4TC SD CM ?

it should be lighter than the stock drive shaft (which i assume is aluminium), but also stronger, is that correct? i read it is supposed to be hollow.

and what is the difference between carbon and graphite parts when it comes to RC?

Back in 2005 - 2007, I had an HPI Pro4 4WD touring car. It had an aluminum center shaft as stock and mostly carbon fiber (graphite) parts (main chassis upper and lower deck, shock towers, etc). I replaced the center shaft with a hollow carbon fiber upgrade. Advantages were, lighter, no bending and no wobbling. Plus the material is very strong too. 

41 minutes ago, Alexei said:

that sounds good. is there any disadvantage to it?

No disadvantages in my experience. 

well sounds like im going to get one :). i could put it on a weight and compare to stock when i get.

• Like 1

nice. i like the purple colors :)

im not aiming at making a competition race car with as much carbon and aluminium as possible, but just want to throw in a few not super expensive upgrades now that is a good time to do it.