Gazzalene

Tamiya Lancia Delta XV-01

decided to get a XV-01 over a TT02 when I see it did not have oil damped shocks or B bearings

I thought I might as well pay a bit more for the XV 01 and get the inc extras.

But after posting here today about a motor for the kit I read that guys still upgrade the XV-01! I am new to cars kits,had some many years ago.

I intend to run for fun on tarmac and a bit of loose stuff, is there anything I should be looking at to upgrade?  I see things like changing gearing and module size, motor mounts for sure,was mentioned.. This is only a fun runner BUT don't mind spending a bit more if it needs it,looking to run a 15t with 7.2 NiMh

you'll find that folks can buy the latest and greatest... yet they will still find something to upgrade. i guess its the nature of the hobby.

i've also been researching the xv-01, regarding upgrades: you might find this useful.

i know its really easy to go crazy on the hopups and upgrades - but from what i hear the kit is good to go as it is. it really is okay just to build it stock, see how it runs. then upgrade as the need arises.

The only thing I've upgraded on my XV over the past two years are the aluminum suspension mounts.  The plastic one's can shear on a hard impact, then the ball links inevitably fall out.  Other than that I haven't done anything else.  I'm still running the original belt!  I use a 13.5t on lipo. 

Sorry to jump into the thread but does the Asterion use the same chassis as the Delta?

Asterion uses the same chassis, but different suspension arms and (if memory serves) shocks. Also different pinions.

I have both XV-01 Lancia and Asterion (although it has a Bowler Wildcat body) and behaviour is similar, although with the bigger wheels the Asterion is more likely to roll.

17 minutes ago, Pteppic said:

although it has a Bowler Wildcat body

Kamtec?

On 10/26/2019 at 7:39 PM, Busdriver said:

Kamtec?

Yep, in Lexan. With the extra decals for the side. Also switched tyres for softer ones as i find the Tamiya ones way to hard to be gripped on loose surface where I mainly run.

Ive looked at these before, never thought of this chassis. Just what it needs.