I Recently bought a kit which I have yet to assemble. It’s sitting, waiting, like money in the bank. It’s the 1st time I haven’t opened a kit immediately & I’m starting to understand the pleasure of the new in box thing. 

I’d always just tuck in straight away or at least open it to have a good look but this ones still in the cellophane & might stay that way for a while. 

maybe I’ll get another kit to start...

• Like 4

haha i think we all know how that feels...

...just like Frodo you will have to wear that ring (take a peek in the box) now and again just to experience my precious.

• Haha 3

Nah build it - peel off the polythene, pull off the lid really quickly so it makes the fwrbbbb noise as it sucks the air in and then quickly breath in all those delicious plasticky, rubbery (and probably carcinogenic, but what the badword) sweet smelling box fumes that have been trapped in the kit since the factory. Then lift out all the bagged pieces and examine them. Theres more joy in the box than the box itself.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Build it already....jeez.

NiB...sorry just don't get it.🤔

Must admit I do like getting all those lovely smelling new parts out, reading the manual cover to cover and then adding to the kit with all the lovely little hopups. Then and only then, when all necessary parts are obtained will the build start.

But just shelving new kits.....🤯

• Like 1

Not my thing really. NiB are invariably expensive too.
I like to experience the brand new freshly opened kit, but then I'm a dirty little whore for building them.
Can't stop myself. It usually starts with me playing with the wheels and tires, it's all over after that.

• Haha 1

Nib?! Nope, never gonna happen. Gotta get straight in there, big deep inhale of all the rubbery, plastic goodness then the deep dive to the bottom of the box to release the manuscript of assembly.. 

Appreciate the desire for a collection however but I just couldn't do it. It'll be fun to build after the anticipation though. Is it the Agrios? 

• Like 2

I can't say that looking at a cardboard box ever gave me more joy than building what was inside and sending it down the road at 110%

• Like 2

I love having an extra nib if a kit I like, nib, new build and runner if you have the space that is!

I’ve had boxes from rcmart sit for more than a week untouched, not small orders either. Sometimes you gotta slow down and catch up on the projects, sometimes you need a new project to reinvigorate the old projects. 

either way, not opening the next kit, can be a bit of rc burnout too, but these things are always in cycles. You’ll get back to it soon enough.