Blissard

Kyosho Peerless

Does anyone have any information about Kyosho Peerless ? I have a non RC plane and I always thought that it's old Kyosho's sub-brand for non RC models. I opened the box today and the brochure inside says 1975 and USA, also it has Peerless RC models so I am confused. There were probably a lot more Peerless models made than what's inside the brochure as I remember seeing a very nice wooden boat on ebay.

Photos are rotated by the forum.

IMG_4619.thumb.jpg.22be511bf402194f3ae8b5607d9e6afd.jpg

IMG_4621.thumb.jpg.95e6ef54eef35dd70a1505484c509ab6.jpg

IMG_4620.thumb.jpg.97024105f33454f8d71cd76116bf0d74.jpg

• Like 1

"Italian made rubber"!!! :lol:

Im sure the quality of those elastic bands was second to none  although if they are the originals from 1975 they will probably explode into dust at the slightest touch

1 hour ago, Superluminal said:

"Italian made rubber"!!! :lol:

Im sure the quality of those elastic bands was second to none  although if they are the originals from 1975 they will probably explode into dust at the slightest touch

Yeah, they don't even last 1 month, even the new ones.

are you going to build it. Looks fun. Dont fancy twin rubber band motors though. One is bad enough but if they are not wound exactly the same number of turns I can imagine some hairy moments at the end of the flight!!

16 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

are you going to build it. Looks fun. Dont fancy twin rubber band motors though. One is bad enough but if they are not wound exactly the same number of turns I can imagine some hairy moments at the end of the flight!!

I do want to build it I am but planning to keep it as a ceiling decoration. It would probably become trashed in the first flight. I had rubber powered planes when I was a kid and all I remember is them going up like a rocket first and than coming down like a dead bird.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Very similar memories. Then somebody told me to try i.c. powered rc planes. Strange thing, exactly the same result but just a dam sight more expensive. Gave up moved to boats for a few years (still got a few) then last year Mr T came a begging:lol:

1 hour ago, Busdriver said:

Very similar memories. Then somebody told me to try i.c. powered rc planes. Strange thing, exactly the same result but just a dam sight more expensive. Gave up moved to boats for a few years (still got a few) then last year Mr T came a begging:lol:

Hehe, I'm glad to hear that you're on the right way. I also had a gas RC before I met Tamiya,  every time I went somewhere to run it it never started.