Busdriver

What a difference a year makes

About this time last year I was looking do do something other than 1/24 scale cars and 1/48th scale planes. I was in the local skate park and saw a youngster running some kind of toy buggy up and down the ramps. It set me thinking. I remembered the Tamiya Mini and thought that would be fun to blast around the skate park. So I started looking around. Then stopped as I couldnt find anything suitable. Then 2 things happened, one was the release of the Defender CC01( or at least I found it) and two I found Tamiyaclub. I wandered around the site learning about the CC01 and at Christmas I bought one. In the January, I think, I joined this site. Since then my collection has grown, none have been box art or in some cases quite modified. I love building, altering & running my models, though not as often as I could or should. My bank balance is a little dented but its only money. If I dont spend it the Kids will!!!  Below is my collection so far:

IMG_1559.JPG.5ad795b154b069647725550d858afcec.JPG

IMG_1554.JPG.f645fb5d6b70292acbb668b28239a181.JPGIMG_1555.JPG.f01d3774a7860577d09ebc4317256455.JPGIMG_1556.JPG.7e6fa6de21c68663920d967d07fbb953.JPGIMG_1557.JPG.a48547d6cd2b9826cbbc9e3e9cc2080b.JPGIMG_1558.JPG.0d2eb415e18dc490f9735fd333b2af1a.JPGIMG_1560.JPG.d231286781f0528a9f2e24f1e864e8d5.JPG

So the story so far has gone full circle. The CC01 is now sporting its new Jeep body. There is one Blitzer chassis not there cos its still in bits. So what does a new Year hold in store? Maybe a CC02 or a reliant supervan wheely car!!! I still want that Mini. If anyone has one going begging for a reasonable price let me know, any of the bodystyles would do but must be front motor fwd. I live in hope.

• Like 7

Great collection in such a short time. I love the Jeep.

In 10 years only difference my collection had is a layer of dust.

2 hours ago, Baddon said:

LOVE the Max Max Blitzer Beetle

It was my idea of what would happen if Arnie wanted a FAV, it has the gatling gun from a Warthog and has just been hacked

1 hour ago, Blissard said:

I love the Jeep.

Me too but the wrangler was a bit angular. I really should do the rear arches to make it right but its just too much work. As I've said its a kind of what if so I'm quite happy

5 hours ago, Busdriver said:

reliant supervan wheely car!!

??????? no comment

2 hours ago, Busdriver said:

Me too but the wrangler was a bit angular. I really should do the rear arches to make it right but its just too much work. As I've said its a kind of what if so I'm quite happy

Yeah, if you decide to make everything accurate then it will never finish and you will end up making your own body from zero and a chassis. I started building my Yj in 2009 and it's not even halfway yet.

Kamtec Reliant body on a Dancing Rider chassis?

I’ve not done any checking on wheelbase or anything to see if it would fit!

image.png.3e74160e5ced085ff141d9e1d9e606ef.png

On Kamtecs own chassis + brushless and 3s should pop the odd wheely!!!!

• Like 1

Dancing rider is 196mm and the Supervan is 170mm ish. So might work. Would also need wider rear wheels to fill the arches!!