GTodd

Whats going to be the "BIG" Re-re of 2020?

In 2019 we got an Astute back which not only alowed some of us to get into the family for the first time but aslo has placed alot of Super Astute and Astutes back on the road as well as some King Cabs and Monster racers as well.

A Dyna Storm for the third time would be cool, but with the Super Astute out i think its a slim choice.  Maybe we will get the Kingcab or Monster Racer.  Will it be the Top Force EVO finally in 2020? The hicaps are here, the carbon chassis is here, all we need is for Tamiya to put it together and dye some wheels.  Maybe a 959 or celica finally? Id buy one of those in a heart beat as I never built one where as the EVO ive had and still have my childhood TF.  

Maybe something odd like a Juggernaut! Id love a Juggernaut 2 but that is probably less likely than a 959 or Celica.  

Will Kyosho bring out the Optima Mid finally? 

What are your thoughts??????

• Like 1

I hope something like a terra scorcher, thundershot or firedragon.

I almost bought a nib firedragon for 250 euro there was one for sale, but there not many spare parts floating around so that kept me of from buying it, I bought a hotshot instead.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Something from the Thundershot stable would be nice, maybe with a handful of hop ups available too like they did with the Manta Ray. 

ooooh, forgot that family! I think the Terra Schorcher would be an easy rere. The shell and chassis is still available, as are the wheels and tires. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Busdriver said:

Mini cooper rally please!!

My man. I need me one of those Monte Carlo Rally bodies :)

1 hour ago, dannymulder said:

I'd like to own a Thundershot. Always thought it was a handsome car and color scheme. 

• Like 2

I am still waiting for the big re release for 2019

• Like 8
  • Haha 4

I'm still expecting to see the 959 on an MF-01X chassis. It just seems like usch a logical fit. The YJ Wrangler body will probably show up on the new CC02 before too long, as well.

As for the next "real" Tamiya re-issue: Falcon. Just a hunch.

On the Kyosho side, there will be a Turbo Ultima in 2020, and then maybe they'll get to the Mid in 2021.

I'd really love to see 2020 be the year that Marui stops playing with its toy guns long enough to surprise us with a Big Bear re-issue, but I'm not holding my breath...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dannymulder said:

I almost bought a nib firedragon for 250 euro there was one for sale, but there not many spare parts floating around so that kept me of from buying it, I bought a hotshot instead.

After installing the A5 metal support, it's quite a durable car under normal running conditions! Just keep a few tyre sets to hand!

• Like 1

I'm going to say the B2B Racing Sidecar, Can Am Lola and the Road Wizard according to my secret inside contacts. Honestly, I have no idea. I would like to see a Juggernaut, Thundershot family buggy, Falcon, King Cab, Dyna Storm or even Dyna Blaster which means we'll likely see none of them and instead get a third re-re of the Manta Ray, Lunch Box Burnt Umber edition and Monster Beetle Cyan edition.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Let's get the striker and sonic fighter out and done with!

• Like 1

Top Force Evo is my pick. All of the components are there already (rcjaz are currently selling a combo with hi caps and carbon chassis set) so its easy to do. Also, I finally have my Top Force so its only logical the Evo will become available.

I would like the Dyna Storm too, but that will only be released if I buy a Super Astute.

8 hours ago, Blissard said:

Yamaha 40 EX or other sailboat.

This would be cool, they pop up for sale every so often. I remeber seeing the Yamaha Round the World yacht from 1994 in the LHS in the 90s but thinking the Kyosho Seawind was better. I'll see if the scratch built one ever gets used before buying one though...

A Mid to go with my originals, a Dynastorm and a Jamie Booth Egress please 🤣

• Like 1

12 hours ago, skinned said:

a rere Ford ranger f150 xlt would be kinda nice

THis is what dreams are made of!!!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

This would be cool, they pop up for sale every so often. I remeber seeing the Yamaha Round the World yacht from 1994 in the LHS in the 90s but thinking the Kyosho Seawind was better. I'll see if the scratch built one ever gets used before buying one though...

Scratch built one would be better to run everyday, or a Kyosho. Tamiya boats are too fragile to transport in a car, I have a 40 EX and I can't even imagine transporting a Round The World.

• Like 1

Would love a Ford Ranger. But like a lot of others have said......I'd love to see the Mid........Mr Kyosho must be aware that the Mid is the one everyone is waiting for, with standard gold (none threaded) shocks and normal sized wheels., please!

• Like 2

From what i see on facebook groups the vanquish is having a bit of a glory period. Everyone seems to want one and lots are being restored. Prices are going up too.

A vanquish rere would be a big seller imo.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, graemevw said:

From what i see on facebook groups the vanquish is having a bit of a glory period. Everyone seems to want one and lots are being restored. Prices are going up too.

A vanquish rere would be a big seller imo.

Thats what my fingers are crossed for.