GTodd

Whats going to be the "BIG" Re-re of 2020?

On 10/22/2019 at 6:31 AM, markbt73 said:

I'm still expecting to see the 959 on an MF-01X chassis. It just seems like usch a logical fit. The YJ Wrangler body will probably show up on the new CC02 before too long, as well.

As for the next "real" Tamiya re-issue: Falcon. Just a hunch.

On the Kyosho side, there will be a Turbo Ultima in 2020, and then maybe they'll get to the Mid in 2021.

I'd really love to see 2020 be the year that Marui stops playing with its toy guns long enough to surprise us with a Big Bear re-issue, but I'm not holding my breath...

I would love to see the Porsche 959 on the chassis and easy to make for Tamiya and fits into the rally range of the chassis.

So I am cutting my Tamiya funds drastically in 2020.  The following would get me to open my wallet:

Monster Racer, Vanquish, Ford F150, TXT-1, TLT-1, Fighting Buggy (again).

I want something old-ish.

SyY3r7N.jpg

arX6BCl.jpg

kqT6Z37.jpg

Well, the trike is some Japanese dude's mod, but it looks cool.  

• Like 2

I don't think we are going to see the top force evolution you can buy the chassis shocks why would they bother doing the whole thing in a box! Financially it's better for them to keep the status quo (could do a strictly limited edition though) we do need a whole new buggy on the SRB chassis!

11 minutes ago, moffman said:

I don't think we are going to see the top force evolution you can buy the chassis shocks why would they bother doing the whole thing in a box!

I agree. I kinda get the feeling its like the Egress re-re coming out and we got a reissue of the Avante 2001 body. Tamiya tries to placate us with some of the pieces to certain cars without releasing the whole kit.

I highly doubt we will get a top force EVO, even though I want them too. 

I guess you could look at this another way. Release the chassis and dampers for awhile, we all build replicas.

Then bring out the whole thing and we buy that too. I mean, it’s not stupid marketing. A little infuriating but we will forgive them anyway. 

really, we want something new and interesting off road wise next year, this Xmas we get the cc-02. 

are we not due something else new in that middle range from Tamiya? 

I would dearly love a Thundershot (or at least something based on that chassis) without paying the outrageously inflated eBay prices...

Also: Striker.  I dunno why, but I've always loved the way they looked.

• Like 2

Not sure there are any more big re-releases they could do, something like Porsche 959 perhaps but the licensing could be problematic (although there is the Celica). My guess is something like Hot Shot 2 or Super Sabre. Easy piece, they don't need any particular improvements and they have the molds ready.

Striker chassis I doubt it, they would have to heavily modify the front end of the chassis and even the drive train is not all that durable, maybe a modified Falcon?

14 hours ago, Winniez said:

Not sure there are any more big re-releases they could do, something like Porsche 959 perhaps but the licensing could be problematic (although there is the Celica). My guess is something like Hot Shot 2 or Super Sabre. Easy piece, they don't need any particular improvements and they have the molds ready.

I wouldn't say no to a HS2, for sure.

14 hours ago, Winniez said:

Striker chassis I doubt it, they would have to heavily modify the front end of the chassis and even the drive train is not all that durable, maybe a modified Falcon?

What?

The Renault 5 Turbo on the MF05RA due soon. That’s the 4th (?) rally release on the M chassis in a short space of time. Maybe an Alpine to follow on the XV01 

edit: just realised the alpine is available on the m chassis!

I still think it's going to be the EVO and the Kingcab. Other than the orange wheels , decals, and titanium screws. You can purchase everything else for the EVO and piece it together. Tamiya just brought back the EVO one way as well.

On 10/25/2019 at 5:08 AM, Juls1 said:

I highly doubt we will get a top force EVO, even though I want them too. 

I guess you could look at this another way. Release the chassis and dampers for awhile, we all build replicas.

Then bring out the whole thing and we buy that too. I mean, it’s not stupid marketing. A little infuriating but we will forgive them anyway. 

really, we want something new and interesting off road wise next year, this Xmas we get the cc-02. 

are we not due something else new in that middle range from Tamiya? 

For NEW they need to bring our a truck to compete with Traxxas scale offerings, that used to be Tamiyas bread and butter. 

6 hours ago, GTodd said:

For NEW they need to bring our a truck to compete with Traxxas scale offerings, that used to be Tamiyas bread and butter. 

Or, @ThunderDragonCy has already designed a DB03, that would be well received. Well, by me at least. I can think of at least 3 people who would buy one

• Haha 1

My current sonic fighter and all my other versions of this chassis (striker) have survived no problem while running sensibly, no jumps!

At some point in the near future i hope @Pintopower can find the time to work his magic on this with a few structural mods!

The Falcon has been the one re-release from the 80's era that's conspicuously absent for some time now. I've had no personal contact with one but have read they are either relatively fine or are failure prone. I guess mileage may vary. If its the later, perhaps Tamiya deems them too risky to re-release. This may be why we didn't get the original Astute, for example. Another possibility is the car lacked any following in the domestic market, which goes back to the theory Tamiya only caters to its domestic market trends/desires and the rest of the world gets what it gets. Or, they're simply waiting for planet x the align with its moon and sun in the Zoltan star system in the VsQs galaxy. Who knows. Theories are just theories, but I wish they'd just bring it out already. I'm not even a big Falcon fan and have plenty of cars I'd like to see re-released before it. Yet, the simple fact its so obviously missing from the re-release lineup is like a noticeably missing tooth or something.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, GTodd said:

I still think it's going to be the EVO and the Kingcab. Other than the orange wheels , decals, and titanium screws. You can purchase everything else for the EVO and piece it together. Tamiya just brought back the EVO one way as well.

Doubt they will provide titanium screws if they do rere the evo, they didnt put them in the egress unfortunately.

7 hours ago, taffer said:

My current sonic fighter and all my other versions of this chassis (striker) have survived no problem while running sensibly, no jumps!

At some point in the near future i hope @Pintopower can find the time to work his magic on this with a few structural mods!

I got really lucky recently and found a completely intact Sonic Fighter from a skip. Was complete with the electronics too and had no damage to the chassis. Other than being really dirty it is in great condition, just needs respray (and possibly some sanding+putty for the underside), new tyres and decals.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, FromageTheDog said:

I wouldn't say no to a HS2, for sure.

What?

Just mean that I doubt Tamiya would re-release the chassis as it is since it has a significant weak spot where the front suspension mounts, there is just not enough material there. Especially given the modern electronics people might use, would just be bad PR.

6 hours ago, Saito2 said:

The Falcon has been the one re-release from the 80's era that's conspicuously absent for some time now. I've had no personal contact with one but have read they are either relatively fine or are failure prone. I guess mileage may vary. If its the later, perhaps Tamiya deems them too risky to re-release. This may be why we didn't get the original Astute, for example. Another possibility is the car lacked any following in the domestic market, which goes back to the theory Tamiya only caters to its domestic market trends/desires and the rest of the world gets what it gets. Or, they're simply waiting for planet x the align with its moon and sun in the Zoltan star system in the VsQs galaxy. Who knows. Theories are just theories, but I wish they'd just bring it out already. I'm not even a big Falcon fan and have plenty of cars I'd like to see re-released before it. Yet, the simple fact its so obviously missing from the re-release lineup is like a noticeably missing tooth or something.

Well said, Falcon certainly feels like a missing link. I think their decision not to re-release it so far has something to do with the gearbox. Maybe it's the durability or just awkward assembly (mating the gearbox, suspension arms and chassis). I think Tamiya sees these lower end kits also as potential beginner vehicles, or something nostalgic fathers will buy for their kids.

Striker/Sonic Fighter has the same issue with the gearbox and in addition have that weakish chassis. Plus they are no where near as iconic so I would be really surprised to see either of them before the Falcon.  All 3 share quite a few parts so it could also be a rare case of molds gone missing or something similar.

Please Mr T, bring back the Falcon!  Here’s a pic of mine that I’ve lovingly restored over the last few years with parts scoured from across the globe. 

Im one of those that has a very strong connection to this car. It was my first Tamiya back in the day. I find it interesting that the Falcon was not as popular worldwide as I thought it was as there were a tonne of them here in New Zealand in the 80s, was definitely a popular car here. I just love the looks and the colours of the Falcon, it simply screams 80s :).

As far as performance goes, I think they actually perform pretty good overall. Used to give my mates Fox a run for its money from time to time on the track too. My original ended up with Fox gold rims and tyres along with Technigold. Was probably a bit too powerful for the chassis but was fun all the same :)...

Yep, they would need to do something with the chassis and the driveshafts but is that really such a big deal in the grand scheme of things? I would also hope that it comes out with softer springs than the original as they were a bit stiff which never really gave the suspension a chance to do its thing and probably didn’t help with the front end cracking that was experienced.  Other than that, never ever had an issue with the gearbox on mine and it was run on dirt, grass and asphalt.

While it’s got a lot of parts that are unique to this car, so does the Fox. Going back some years now, I remember people saying that there was no way that they would bring the Fox back....but.....they did :).

I agree that it’s a matter of when, not if for this bird of prey to make an entrance again....in the meantime, I’ll wait patiently.....

happy driving all!

BMK

C3318BB9-65B9-43DA-B2C1-65085983F33E.jpeg

• Like 6

There is a few very nice Falcons for sale in Australia at the moment, do the sellers know something that we dont ?

What would I like

Evo  , 959  , Hotshot II, Striker , Vanquish , Tera Conqueror or Terra Scorcher

6 hours ago, Beetlemankurt said:

Please Mr T, bring back the Falcon!  Here’s a pic of mine that I’ve lovingly restored over the last few years with parts scoured from across the globe. 

Im one of those that has a very strong connection to this car. It was my first Tamiya back in the day. I find it interesting that the Falcon was not as popular worldwide as I thought it was as there were a tonne of them here in New Zealand in the 80s, was definitely a popular car here. I just love the looks and the colours of the Falcon, it simply screams 80s :).

As far as performance goes, I think they actually perform pretty good overall. Used to give my mates Fox a run for its money from time to time on the track too. My original ended up with Fox gold rims and tyres along with Technigold. Was probably a bit too powerful for the chassis but was fun all the same :)...

Yep, they would need to do something with the chassis and the driveshafts but is that really such a big deal in the grand scheme of things? I would also hope that it comes out with softer springs than the original as they were a bit stiff which never really gave the suspension a chance to do its thing and probably didn’t help with the front end cracking that was experienced.  Other than that, never ever had an issue with the gearbox on mine and it was run on dirt, grass and asphalt.

While it’s got a lot of parts that are unique to this car, so does the Fox. Going back some years now, I remember people saying that there was no way that they would bring the Fox back....but.....they did :).

I agree that it’s a matter of when, not if for this bird of prey to make an entrance again....in the meantime, I’ll wait patiently.....

happy driving all!

BMK

C3318BB9-65B9-43DA-B2C1-65085983F33E.jpeg

That looks a very well turned out falcon and well done for the patience on the restoration👍 the falcon made it appearance about the same time as I had to join the real world (real work, mortgage, kids) so I don't have the rc memories and fondness that a lot of TC members have so I'm hopeful it makes a return because it's a one which I probably won't get and I can give my wallet a rest!......but I've always thought it was a very good looking buggy!

Just my personal wish list, no idea as to what goes on at Tamiya HQ

Vanquish (so I can actually build and run one as soooooooo wanted to as a kid)

Astute - as above and it would complete the set as I have the MadCap and SaintDragon

a 959 on a better chassis so we can run them!

How about a WIld Willy or even a WW2?

• Like 1