GTodd

Whats going to be the "BIG" Re-re of 2020?

5 minutes ago, NWarty said:

That's a real bummer Wandy. The gold pan RC10 is one of the only cars left that I wanted to collect and prices are already stupid for beat up, POS RC10s. 

Agreed!!!! 275 for clapped out put away wet chassis that need everythiuu replaced seems to be the norm.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GTodd said:

Agreed!!!! 275 for clapped out put away wet chassis that need everythiuu replaced seems to be the norm.

Yeah, it seemed just only a couple of years ago, you could get a decent resto candidate for under $100. Those days seem to be long gone now that everyone thinks their beat to s*** childhood RC clapwagon is worth serious money. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, NWarty said:

That's a real bummer Wandy. The gold pan RC10 is one of the only cars left that I wanted to collect and prices are already stupid for beat up, POS RC10s. 

Have you only been looking for one quite recently mate? Honestly, there was still plenty of them on ebay in the early part of this year.

8 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Have you only been looking for one quite recently mate? Honestly, they was still plenty of them on ebay in the early part of this year.

I have been and prices are weird. BIN prices are always sky high, and they seem to sell. Auctions always seem to end at a far more reasonable price.

Ive not committed yet due to import charges.

20 minutes ago, graemevw said:

I have been and prices are weird. BIN prices are always sky high, and they seem to sell. Auctions always seem to end at a far more reasonable price.

Ive not committed yet due to import charges.

It's the just the same old story where once something becomes scarce it becomes more desirable.

It did suprise me that they didnt sell out immediately upon release in 2003 as AE didn't exactly make a boatload of them.

The Worlds car was even worse though. It was being discounted in some US stores not long after release.

• Like 3

On 11/21/2019 at 7:23 PM, Yalson said:

That's a Falcon, isn't it?

Nah, the chassis/body is very different. Did you not have one? A lot of people don't like them, but they are very different to all other tamiya Buggies, and I love the styling.

Nah, the chassis/body is very different. Did you not have one? A lot of people don't like them, but they are very different to all other tamiya Buggies, and I love the styling.

I think the Clod Biuster is going to be huge. Ive wanted one for years but have been turned away by the blue parts. The black edition with its classic red parts makes it an easy win!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, GTodd said:

I think the Clod Biuster is going to be huge. Ive wanted one for years but have been turned away by the blue parts. The black edition with its classic red parts makes it an easy win!

Rit dye is the answer to those funky blue bits...the parts in the picture below were all blue prior to a dip in Rit fabric dye.

20190804_184201.jpg

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Bromley said:

Rit dye is the answer to those funky blue bits...the parts in the picture below were all blue prior to a dip in Rit fabric dye.

20190804_184201.jpg

That looks fantastic, not the classic red but a very good alternative!!!! Well done!!!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Grotty Otty said:

Zahhak DN-01 is showing as a 24th  Feb 2020 re-release on Fusion Hobbies. £125 seems pretty good value to. 

That makes sense since no one bought them the first time around lol

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Grotty Otty said:

Zahhak DN-01 is showing as a 24th  Feb 2020 re-release on Fusion Hobbies. £125 seems pretty good value to. 

27 minutes ago, Rb4276 said:

That makes sense since no one bought them the first time around lol

Tamiya is in the "special edition" phase these days, a new color combo might work They couldn't make it any worse :rolleyes:

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Biz73 said:

Tamiya is in the "special edition" phase these days, a new color combo might work They couldn't make it any worse :rolleyes:

When i got back into rc 5 yrs ago i first got an aqroshot. I then wanted something better found the “ugly” zahhak for only $110. I actually like the body, the pink colors not so much. It basically out performs everything tamiya had available and has been durable as can be. Im happy in the past yr or so people on here been talking about it. I think the box art, body and original price killed it

• Like 2

On 11/22/2019 at 3:44 PM, GTodd said:

275 for the clod!!!!!! My wife and I have a deal, starting in September we can't purchase anything for our selves until after Christmas . I hope the clod is still 275 in January !!!! Ill just start collecting parts for thebuild! I need one more set of hicaps, ball bearing set, hex screws, white wheels, GMC grill, andMCI decals.

Why not buy an original one??

would be cheaper and fun to restore 

TAdou0U.jpg

JJ

Where do you find used Tamiya’s for good money? Every time I look they are horrendous money. And I’m not meaning vintage originals either. 

24 minutes ago, Losi XXT-CR said:

Where do you find used Tamiya’s for good money? Every time I look they are horrendous money. And I’m not meaning vintage originals either. 

Fat fingers by eBay sellers, and messaging sellers that are, collection only, if they will post (I've arranged a courier to collect before now) , as those auctions attract less bidders.

Being known as, that bloke who plays with RC toy cars, seems to net some results, mostly Argos cars, but have been given the likes of grasshopper wheels/tyres before now

Just need to keep an eye it on eBay, gumtree, shpock, craigslist, Facebook etc

tbh, £250 for an old battered original clodbuster has to be so much better value that £250 for a brand new one?

JJ

"What's going to be the big re-re for 2020"? Hopefully a lot better than the "big" re-re from 2019 I can't remember what that was! Other than the turbo optima and that wasn't tamiya:rolleyes: still think the best year so far was the avante re-release year 2011!

7 hours ago, moffman said:

"What's going to be the big re-re for 2020"? Hopefully a lot better than the "big" re-re from 2019 I can't remember what that was! Other than the turbo optima and that wasn't tamiya:rolleyes: still think the best year so far was the avante re-release year 2011!

I think the SUper Astute was a HUGE release. My Childhood Astute is back to being a runner because of it, the Super Astute is very fun car and is a very important model from them.

• Like 1

I guess the big release announcement is the 47443 TA03R-S 911 GT1 street!  No Mobil 1 livery 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GTodd said:

I think the SUper Astute was a HUGE release. My Childhood Astute is back to being a runner because of it, the Super Astute is very fun car and is a very important model from them.

Fair point the super astute was a top release but just a tad over priced for what it was or have just missed something about the super astute?

I see that a 54897 Buggy Champ Ball Differential Set II is also mentioned on Tamiya blog. I would think this would fit any rere SRB chassis 😁