GTodd

Whats going to be the "BIG" Re-re of 2020?

On 10/21/2019 at 10:01 PM, markbt73 said:

I'd really love to see 2020 be the year that Marui stops playing with its toy guns long enough to surprise us with a Big Bear re-issue, but I'm not holding my breath...

But with a re-designed gearbox for better stronger material gears that can also take bearings, so it can run brushless. And a battery case to hold 3S!
And an optional wheely bar. Lighting kit would be nice too. :lol:

Is there anything to stop Tamiya re- releasing any car ?

Okay so they probably wouldn’t blow mould the 959 body, but they could still make one.

23 minutes ago, Alwb68 said:

Is there anything to stop Tamiya re- releasing any car ?

Okay so they probably wouldn’t blow mould the 959 body, but they could still make one.

Why wouldn't they?

Thats how they chose to do it last time, i guess thats how they would do it a second time round.

Especially if they still have the mould. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, graemevw said:

Why wouldn't they?

Thats how they chose to do it last time, i guess thats how they would do it a second time round.

Especially if they still have the mould. 

I’d love a 959, but every one says how the shell was an issue.

Its a shame Tamiya don’t really seem to talk back to the paying public / addicts.

Just let the people know what could be re-released and what will never see the light of day again.

Certain cars I’d love to own, but seriously wouldn’t pay some of the money people ask. Purely because it’s just not right when I could probably help a charity do far more with that kind of cash. Just feels morally wrong to me. I blame my  parents for my up bringing.

48 minutes ago, OOZZEE said:

Not Tamiya but a Losi JRX2 maybe on the Horizon.

Wow, really? I'm all for that!

yeah, they have this up on there website at the moment, I'm only guessing on the JR because Jnr is back, it could just be the new 4wd from the worlds

Unknown.png

• Like 2

Oh, I'm excited! Thanks for the info. It would be awesome to have a JR-X2 alongside my RC10 and Ultima.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OOZZEE said:

Not Tamiya but a Losi JRX2 maybe on the Horizon.

As in the original 5-link suspension with LRM transmission???  Holy smokes!  I'd be all over that!!!

18 hours ago, OOZZEE said:

yeah, they have this up on there website at the moment, I'm only guessing on the JR because Jnr is back, it could just be the new 4wd from the worlds

Unknown.png

what page is this on?

The reason I ask is because the only thing I could find is they announced  and brought back a new losi mini truck

Yep, looks like I was wrong again, was the Mini T a good car ???? but jeez how good would a re re JRX2 be

On 11/7/2019 at 11:06 AM, OOZZEE said:

Yep, looks like I was wrong again, was the Mini T a good car ???? but jeez how good would a re re JRX2 be

It'd be great, I also wish AE would give us more Vintage RC10s.

19 minutes ago, GTodd said:

It'd be great, I also wish AE would give us more Vintage RC10s.

I think lots of us would jump on some more rc10 classics!

Dont know why they stopped, trying to keep them exclusive? 

13 minutes ago, skinned said:

I think I remember 2500 rc10's re-re'd...

And not one of them ended up with me :(

Maybe thats the amount they need to do to make it worthwhile and they dont think they will sell another 2500?

I think they would.

7 minutes ago, graemevw said:

And not one of them ended up with me :(

Maybe thats the amount they need to do to make it worthwhile and they dont think they will sell another 2500?

I think they would.

I dont think they would since many places in the US were blowing out the rc10 worlds  for $150. I wish i picked one up

Yeah, I don't think Thunder Tiger/Associated is going to go for another round unfortunately. They kept the Classic production numbers low and slightly modded all the parts to make them identifiable from the originals to keep collectors happy. The Worlds was plagued with transmission issues at first and I think that scared everybody away. At that point, I'd hazard a guess that Thunder Tiger wasn't going to take another risk on more rereleases. Its a bummer considering Tamiya, Kyosho and even Schumacher seem to be doing quite fine doing it.

• Like 1

I know that this is getting a bit of topic with the World's discussion, but I'd really like to know the whole story on those.  I agree, the RC10 Classic was severely under produced, then they turned around and made seemingly 10 million world cars.  What is strange to me is it's almost like they panicked when it didn't fly of the shelves (I'm sure pricing, trans issues contributed) and started discounting very quickly.  Think about something like the Avante 2011, if I recall correctly, they were still relatively available in 2016-2016.  Tamiya didn't freak out and blow those out.  It's a shame, I wish they were still available, especially considering that just about all the period competition is currently readily available.  I made a big mistake selling 2 spare World's cars and now only have 1 NIB and 1 opened Classic.

I'm just happy I decided to buy an RC10 Classic when I did. And I have no regrets about building it. It was worth the price, and I loved building a fresh-from-the-bags RC10 with white and gold parts after so many years of restoring wrecks and building cars up from bits. I don't know what they were thinking with the Worlds kit, but I didn't bother, even at the low clearance prices; honestly, I've always preferred the six-gear transmission anyway.

And oh how I would love to see a JRX2 re-release. That's another car I would love to build from new, instead of piecing together from several wrecks. (I never did get my hands on an intact 5-link setup; the JRX2 I restored and sold had the Pro rear suspension.) Especially if they could price it in that "sweet spot" of $250-300, where Associated and Kyosho have been. Instead we get... a redesigned Mini-T? No thanks; the mid-late 90s are not a period in the RC hobby that I am capable of being nostalgic over.

Kyosho has probably made their big announcement for a year or so with the Ultima. I'd expect a Turbo Ultima sometime late next year, and then maybe 2021 for the Mid.

So I guess the next move is Tamiya's... and I would still say the Falcon is the one I expect next.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, tamiya3speed said:

I know that this is getting a bit of topic with the World's discussion, but I'd really like to know the whole story on those.  I agree, the RC10 Classic was severely under produced, then they turned around and made seemingly 10 million world cars.  What is strange to me is it's almost like they panicked when it didn't fly of the shelves (I'm sure pricing, trans issues contributed) and started discounting very quickly.  Think about something like the Avante 2011, if I recall correctly, they were still relatively available in 2016-2016.  Tamiya didn't freak out and blow those out.  It's a shame, I wish they were still available, especially considering that just about all the period competition is currently readily available.  I made a big mistake selling 2 spare World's cars and now only have 1 NIB and 1 opened Classic.

17 hours ago, markbt73 said:

I'm just happy I decided to buy an RC10 Classic when I did. And I have no regrets about building it. It was worth the price, and I loved building a fresh-from-the-bags RC10 with white and gold parts after so many years of restoring wrecks and building cars up from bits. I don't know what they were thinking with the Worlds kit, but I didn't bother, even at the low clearance prices; honestly, I've always preferred the six-gear transmission anyway.

And oh how I would love to see a JRX2 re-release. That's another car I would love to build from new, instead of piecing together from several wrecks. (I never did get my hands on an intact 5-link setup; the JRX2 I restored and sold had the Pro rear suspension.) Especially if they could price it in that "sweet spot" of $250-300, where Associated and Kyosho have been. Instead we get... a redesigned Mini-T? No thanks; the mid-late 90s are not a period in the RC hobby that I am capable of being nostalgic over.

Kyosho has probably made their big announcement for a year or so with the Ultima. I'd expect a Turbo Ultima sometime late next year, and then maybe 2021 for the Mid.

So I guess the next move is Tamiya's... and I would still say the Falcon is the one I expect next.

I have a new built Classic, a NIB Classic and a new built Worlds. The Worlds didn’t really grab me like the Classic did when I was building it, would love a JRX2 to go with them. I will need an Ultima as well

19 hours ago, tamiya3speed said:

I agree, the RC10 Classic was severely under produced, then they turned around and made seemingly 10 million world cars.  What is strange to me is it's almost like they panicked when it didn't fly of the shelves (I'm sure pricing, trans issues contributed) and started discounting very quickly.  Think about something like the Avante 2011, if I recall correctly, they were still relatively available in 2016-2016.  Tamiya didn't freak out and blow those out. 

I'm curious what the production numbers for the Worlds cars were.  The scenario could have gone like this: they test the waters with the Classic, with limited numbers, under the guise of keeping them exclusive. They sell like hotcakes. They ramp up a bit for the Worlds. Now several things could have factored in. Maybe there was more demand for the Classic to begin with and Associated mis-read the market. Maybe that "feeling" alot of us had about the half Chinese produced Classic being strangely "off" somehow kept us away from also getting the Worlds or maybe buying one re-re from Associated was enough. The transmission issue definitely hurt sales. Personally, I didn't get one because I didn't feel warm and fuzzy enough about the Worlds to deal with faulty parts from the get-go. As an aside, this is probably what holds me back from getting a CAT XLS re-re.

Tamiya plays the long game these days. On occasion, Tamiya USA does offer a hidden deal at blowout prices like the TRF 201. For the most part, they just wait until production runs slowly sell out. Alot of the blowout pricing was from the early pre-MAP days in the 80's when US local hobby dealers needed to move stock that they got from MRC. Back then, after the Avante's faults became apparent, prices dropped like a brick. I distinctly remember America's Hobby Center selling Egresses for $99. Ouch.