GTodd

Whats going to be the "BIG" Re-re of 2020?

Associated didn't underproduce the RC10 Classic. In fact the kits were freely available for a good while after release date and even up until recently the kits were selling on ebay for under retail price. The problem with the Worlds was that it just doesn't have the iconic status of the original gold pan car. In addition though, RC10 fanatics love the originals first, second & third. Even when the classic was announced there were plenty of naysayers on rc10talk.com. Those buggies have a very different kind of enthusiast compared to that of the vintage Tamiya lovers.

• Like 2

I would love a new JRX2, but I have many vintage Losi , shelfers, runners and racers, I am nearly finished building a JRX2/Pro/SE combo mid motor racer I have been working on for a while, it also has a composite craft chassis

What has happened to the Boomerang? It seems to have ceased production. Would also love to see a return of the Thundershot. 

3 hours ago, Nova1 said:

What has happened to the Boomerang? It seems to have ceased production. Would also love to see a return of the 

The boomerang has made more returns than any tamiya rc:rolleyes:.......it is literally the boomerang of tamiya rc cars! It's still a good one though!

• Like 1

Thunder Tiger is really tightening the belt with AE and looking at the bottom line.

Not only did they stop production on RC10 spares such as the body, AE is now exiting from on road.. TC7 will be the last and the F1 which was poplar is done as well.  

While a new run of RC10s would be guaranteed to sell out, I truly doubt TD will do it.. 

17 hours ago, Raman36 said:

Thunder Tiger is really tightening the belt with AE and looking at the bottom line.

Not only did they stop production on RC10 spares such as the body, AE is now exiting from on road.. TC7 will be the last and the F1 which was poplar is done as well.  

While a new run of RC10s would be guaranteed to sell out, I truly doubt TD will do it.. 

Surely if they thought they would sell out it would be stupid not to.

If you can make a product, knowing it will sell, and dont, thats just bad business.

I think we will see another as prices for nib rere are getting silly. I just think they will wait untill they think demand is as high as possible.

There won't be any more RC10 re-releases. AE tried it and it flopped, that's the bottom line. If they did another re-run of the Classic the kits would sit on shop shelves. Harsh to say it but true.

• Like 1

A TF Evo makes perfect sense, and very easy to produce.

I'd like to see a return of some Group C cars.

Yokomo were rumoured to be working on an 870c release, but apparently that has been cancelled. Would love to see a return of the 870c or even later 90s models, some of the best buggies I ever raced.

Lee

I'd quite like a Traxxas Radicator 2. I built one in about '90 I think, but never got it exactly how I wanted.

Dang, that thing looks so sweet.

Never was a fan of the red plastic parts but with the black body I'm thing otherwise.

How many are gona get painted red with MCI repro clod stickers?

1 hour ago, geniusanthony said:

Excited for this. red plastics and a mashup of old and new stickers.

Tamiya-Super-Clod-Buster-Black-Edition.j

Boom, thats the one for me! Ill be painting it red with MCI decals and white wheels!

That's a good looking truck! but it was one truck I didn't enjoy building I don't know why? Every time I look at one (including this one) I instantly think to myself "I didn't enjoy building that" but its always looked the part!

14 hours ago, geniusanthony said:

Excited for this. red plastics and a mashup of old and new stickers.

Tamiya-Super-Clod-Buster-Black-Edition.j

12 hours ago, GTodd said:

Boom, thats the one for me! Ill be painting it red with MCI decals and white wheels!

Yep, MCI decals for me, looks like it’ll be a nice place to put my Chev grill and tailgate (that will need a bit of resto work, both have been painted before). 

10 hours ago, mtbkym01 said:

Yep, MCI decals for me, looks like it’ll be a nice place to put my Chev grill and tailgate (that will need a bit of resto work, both have been painted before). 

I'm going to grab the Ampro pieces, maybe the GM one. 

• Like 1

I know, or at least doubt it'll happen. But here's still hoping for a 959 or Celica. But not on an MF-01x platform, that would just be a new model, not a re-re!

• Like 1

On 11/13/2019 at 8:52 PM, Reedydriver said:

RC10 graphite would be my favourite. I still need this model!

IMG_20191113_194750.png

On 11/16/2019 at 6:26 AM, lifeofbrian2007 said:

I need a Striker with better suspension. Make it so Tamiya.

Totally unrelated but I just picked up another gold pan that came with P-L striker tires...

Kit number for the black clod is out. Kit number 47432. $275 on tower seems like a good deal.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, geniusanthony said:

Totally unrelated but I just picked up another gold pan that came with P-L striker tires...

Kit number for the black clod is out. Kit number 47432. $275 on tower seems like a good deal.

For that price i may actually buy a clod from tower to go with my txt 2

1 hour ago, Rb4276 said:

For that price i may actually buy a clod from tower to go with my txt 2

With coupon it was only $245, because they won't charge me until it ships, I don't know if the coupon will apply. My wife asked if I got two. I didn't, This will make 3 clods for me whenever it arrives, I might have to get a re re sassy chassis for my first Super Clod now that a red shock/bumper model is on the way.

On 11/16/2019 at 4:26 AM, lifeofbrian2007 said:

I need a Striker with better suspension. Make it so Tamiya.

That's a Falcon, isn't it?

On 11/13/2019 at 12:31 PM, Wandy said:

There won't be any more RC10 re-releases. AE tried it and it flopped, that's the bottom line. If they did another re-run of the Classic the kits would sit on shop shelves. Harsh to say it but true.

That's a real bummer Wandy. The gold pan RC10 is one of the only cars left that I wanted to collect and prices are already stupid for beat up, POS RC10s. 

275 for the clod!!!!!! My wife and I have a deal, starting in September we can't purchase anything for our selves until after Christmas . I hope the clod is still 275 in January !!!! Ill just start collecting parts for thebuild! I need one more set of hicaps, ball bearing set, hex screws, white wheels, GMC grill, andMCI decals.