GTodd

Whats going to be the "BIG" Re-re of 2020?

How likely is it that the Dirt Thrasher will be re-released? It's the same chassis as the Manta Ray therefore it should be easy for Tamiya to re-release it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Aerobert said:

How likely is it that the Dirt Thrasher will be re-released? It's the same chassis as the Manta Ray therefore it should be easy for Tamiya to re-release it.

Who knows they have all the parts for the mud blaster for years but its yet to make an appearance and all the parts for the lancia 037 rally on the orv chassis but again it hasn't arrived that just 2 off the top of my head the conclusion I come to is with tamiya the obvious is never a given:rolleyes:

16 hours ago, Aerobert said:

My guess is we will see the terra scorcher first, then the body will be in production so the dirt thrasher may follow. 

If Tamiya doesn't think they can sell enough kits they won't make them, parts available or not.

Can't remember if I've mentioned it in this thread already, but I'd really like to see a HotShot II re-release. I'd settle just for a re-release of an update kit to convert a HSI re-release (Bodykit, and the sprue with the underguard and rear shock tower).  I'd go aftermarket on the shocks and get some Chinese shocks anodised metallic red, rather than the dull red of the original shocks.

Failing that, how about a boomerang chassis with a winger body as a new 'vintage' kit, with some black egress wheels :)

• Like 3

On 11/5/2019 at 3:33 AM, nowinaminute said:

I'd love that. People say the tooling is gone but I don't think it would be much of a technical challenge to recreate it. Cost is the biggest barrier I expect.

I wonder if any of those Chinese companies will start paying attention to which long gone models get the most attention.

Yeah agree. I’d love a Samurai. Mine is in oieces and can’t be salvaged. One of the best looking buggies ever made. My Big Bear could be savaged but it’s not a great platform. 

10 hours ago, JNSD1 said:

Yeah agree. I’d love a Samurai. Mine is in oieces and can’t be salvaged. One of the best looking buggies ever made. My Big Bear could be savaged but it’s not a great platform. 

Interested in selling any parts?

I wish that Losi would finally bring a re release to the market! I have 15 Team Associated buggies, and recently purchased my first Losi buggy, an XX. Great condition, never used. That means I now have the Losi line in my collection...

23 minutes ago, Reedydriver said:

I wish that Losi would finally bring a re release to the market! I have 15 Team Associated buggies, and recently purchased my first Losi buggy, an XX. Great condition, never used. That means I now have the Losi line in my collection...

They re-re'd the XX4 long ago, but don't seem interested in re-making anything now.  Maybe with Gil Losi Jr rejoining them they might reconsider?...

Every time they post anything vintage on Facebook they get a load of people asking for re-res, so maybe they just need to do something Kickstarter-ish to gauge interest and guarantee making money on it if they did go for it.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2020 at 11:32 PM, MadInventor said:

Failing that, how about a boomerang chassis with a winger body as a new 'vintage' kit, with some black egress wheels :)

something like this:- Bought a Boomerang re-re 2nd hand, a TBG shell and MCI decals and aftermarket wheels

20190603_213125

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Baddon said:

something like this:- Bought a Boomerang re-re 2nd hand, a TBG shell and MCI decals and aftermarket wheels

20190603_213125

Something like that, yes :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Problemchild said:

Have we had all our re re for this year? 

JJ

Its still early in the year so under normal circumstances I would expect to hear something later in the year.  A few months ago one of the hobby stores asked on Facebook if there is any interest in a Vanquish, and they confirmed that the local distributor had asked them for feedback.  They could be partway along a Vanquish already?  Would be pretty easy right since the Avante is in production?  Especially if they include the carbon hop up chassis from the Egress rather than remake the old chassis?

But, I guess the real question is will they release anything new given whats going on.  If they could get some of their classics out quickly I'm sure demand will be huge with a bunch of people cooped up inside.  

15 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Its still early in the year so under normal circumstances I would expect to hear something later in the year.  A few months ago one of the hobby stores asked on Facebook if there is any interest in a Vanquish, and they confirmed that the local distributor had asked them for feedback.  They could be partway along a Vanquish already?  Would be pretty easy right since the Avante is in production?  Especially if they include the carbon hop up chassis from the Egress rather than remake the old chassis?

But, I guess the real question is will they release anything new given whats going on.  If they could get some of their classics out quickly I'm sure demand will be huge with a bunch of people cooped up inside.  

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalcon :wub:

• Like 1

Any iconic rere released right now, will sell like crazy, if they can get it distributed around the world.

Falcon - 959 - Celica gr. B - Vanquish - Optima Mid among others.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Finny99 said:

The Fox ...

always liked the look of that car .. never had one ...

Your dreams have come true. 
The fox was re-re back in 2013 under the name Novafox. 

So was the hotshot re released years back ? 

And is the hotshot 2 the newer release ? 

According to model shop websites the terra scorcher is due around April (beginning/middle) normally that date comes and goes which will probably happen with this one but I'm thinking probably won't happen at all or if we are lucky end of the year I'm thinking? 

On 3/27/2020 at 1:01 AM, Finny99 said:

So was the hotshot re released years back ? 

And is the hotshot 2 the newer release ? 

The hotshot is still in production as a rere. The Hotshot2 was never re-released. It was the third buggy in the hotshot series, but is unique in a number of ways to the original and super hotshot. 

On 3/25/2020 at 9:13 PM, Finny99 said:

Was googling wasn't sure if that was the re re 👍

Still a available on tamico for great price