Forko

Resto wild dagger and Dirt thrasher

Hi guys, recently I was at my folks house and pulled these 2 out of storage, I'm quickly realising everything has moved on alot since these too were last on the road 😂, went too my local model shop too see if I could get a couple of crystals for my old am radio gear and got laffed at 😁,

my 3 yo has insisted I start off with getting the "monster truck" up and running fist, iv picked up a cheap and cheerful ikonnik steering wheel tx thing (never used a wheel in my life) but wanted too try it out before committing too something. Iv chucked in a quickrun 1080 and made up a couple of y leads for the duel motors and all seems OK so far. 

Ordered a new nimh battery as all my old nicads were dead, and now it turns out my old charger in dead as well 😁 so iv picked up a cheap one off amazon for the time being untill I decide if I'm going too upgrade too lipos (are they worth it?) 

I had it out the otherday and it seems a bit sluggish even with the new battery think I'm gonna strip and regrease the gear box, hopefully it's all good in there, can I still pick up new bearing and gears for this if needed? 

Next plans are new shocks, (any recommendations) and figure something out for the awful steering servo mount, never rearlised how much it flexed before. 

Then it's time too start on the dirt thrasher but that's a much bigger job, it's had a very hard life and looks very sorry for itself, can I still buy a new shell for it? 

Screenshot_20191023_205035_com.huawei.hitouch.png

IMG_20191013_154834.jpg

• Like 1

oooh so that's a dirt thrasher.... i've been told its basically a terra scorcher shell with a different wing.

you're in luck, those shells are available via teambluegroove on ebay, and the stickers... mci racing.

oh and welcome to the forum :-)

19 minutes ago, MockTurtle said:

oooh so that's a dirt thrasher.... i've been told its basically a terra scorcher shell with a different wing.

you're in luck, those shells are available via teambluegroove on ebay, and the stickers... mci racing.

oh and welcome to the forum :-)

Terra conqueror ist same shell as the Blazing Star.

55 minutes ago, Forko said:

Hi guys, recently I was at my folks house and pulled these 2 out of storage, I'm quickly realising everything has moved on alot since these too were last on the road 😂, went too my local model shop too see if I could get a couple of crystals for my old am radio gear and got laffed at 😁,

my 3 yo has insisted I start off with getting the "monster truck" up and running fist, iv picked up a cheap and cheerful ikonnik steering wheel tx thing (never used a wheel in my life) but wanted too try it out before committing too something. Iv chucked in a quickrun 1080 and made up a couple of y leads for the duel motors and all seems OK so far. 

Ordered a new nimh battery as all my old nicads were dead, and now it turns out my old charger in dead as well 😁 so iv picked up a cheap one off amazon for the time being untill I decide if I'm going too upgrade too lipos (are they worth it?) 

I had it out the otherday and it seems a bit sluggish even with the new battery think I'm gonna strip and regrease the gear box, hopefully it's all good in there, can I still pick up new bearing and gears for this if needed? 

Next plans are new shocks, (any recommendations) and figure something out for the awful steering servo mount, never rearlised how much it flexed before. 

Then it's time too start on the dirt thrasher but that's a much bigger job, it's had a very hard life and looks very sorry for itself, can I still buy a new shell for it? 

Screenshot_20191023_205035_com.huawei.hitouch.png

IMG_20191013_154834.jpg

Welcome! Tamiya 53619 will get you oil damped shocks to replace the friction pogo sticks. You can get alloy servo mounts for the steering. Search alloy servo mount wt01 on ebay. After that, there is plenty you can do but you are off down the rabbit hole then! 

4 minutes ago, waterbok said:

Something for the servo

That looks exactly like what I was thinking, don't suppose youve still got a copy of the cad file for them iv got access too a 3d printer 😁

6 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Welcome! Tamiya 53619 will get you oil damped shocks to replace the friction pogo sticks. You can get alloy servo mounts for the steering. Search alloy servo mount wt01 on ebay. After that, there is plenty you can do but you are off down the rabbit hole then! 

Just had a look on ebay and can't see any, found them for the wr02 tho, but at 16 quid 😳 I think I may grab a bit of square ally and make it fit 😂, but iv just seen some shock extenders 😁 are they worth having

If you are new to it forget the hassle with lipo (and possible safety issues)

I can recommend vapextech 3300 NIMH and SkyRC S60 or the Imax b6 charger

4 minutes ago, Forko said:

That looks exactly like what I was thinking, don't suppose youve still got a copy of the cad file for them iv got access too a 3d printer 😁

I could, but as I still have some for sale I only sharing the drawing not the files ;)

2 minutes ago, waterbok said:

I could, but as I still have some for sale I only sharing the drawing not 

😂 Didn't rearlise your selling them, how much posted too the UK? 

It's somewhere in my post, think it's 14€ incl.shipment

11 minutes ago, waterbok said:

It's somewhere in my post, think it's 14€ incl.shipment

I'm gonna have a punt with a bit of ally and if it fails I'll hit you up 😂 might have a go at making a couple of suspension towers 🤔 got a sheet of ally in the garage, 

I may have the measurements for that somewhere, shocktower that is.

Think I have done 4 or 5 sets by hand from 3mm plate.