Kevin_Mc

FAO my Australian cousins

I have a favour to ask of you. Do any of you know if there are any 1:10 scale V8 Supercars and V8 Super Utes available anywhere? Ideally Falcons as i’m a Ford guy but would consider a dirty, filthy Holden if i had to :lol:

When i say Super Ute i mean the proper 2 door Utes none of this 4 door diesel pick-up nonsense. 

Hopefully one of you can help me as i know there’s a few members on here from Down Under. 

There once was a range of V8 Supercars realised by “Awesome RC” which were commissioned by the distributor “Model Engines”. From what I know they haven’t had anything for quite a while, Cox also did some that I think were Nitro powered. I’ll have a look around and If I find anything I’ll post in here

Just found these on Gumtree Australia

48949194203_51f5ed8f06_k.jpg

48949194553_cd21abd998_k.jpg

There’s also this 1/16 offering (Personally this team and driver rate very low on my preferred list B))

https://www.onlinetoys.com.au/carrera-rc-1-16-scale-hrt-commodore-2-garth-tander.html?search_query=Carrera+RC’s&results=25

Edited by mtbkym01
Forgot to link 1/16
  • Thanks 1

Doesn’t seem to be much else around at the moment, I know they also made a Ute body, I’ve seen 1 Holden Ute clear body once at my LHS that was being painted in a Football club team colours

Thanks for your replies. I knew they were thin on the ground cause, i have tried searching, but thought it was because my IP address was UK based so skewing the results. 

Why would you waste a good shell with football?! 

I have a Ford BA Ute , 1/10 nitro setup, been in a box for a loooong time

• Like 2

“Two key’s RC” has a selection of Lexan body’s in 1/10 of Falcons & Commodores, they’re generally 200mm wide, if it any help. I haven’t bought a body off him ( nearly bought an Xbox commodore) yet but I’ve had other bits and bobs with no hassles. The site is best viewed on a computer screen rather than a phone. 

http://twokeysrcparts.com.au/product/110-rc-clear-lexan-body-shell-ford-falcon-xd-racing-tru-blu-for-nitro-electric/

• Thanks 1

V8 Supercars collaborated with Model Engines to market their series of V8 RC replicas - they came in both electric & nitro 1/10 and they were made by GreatVigor. That would be been easy 12-15yrs ago now.

After the V8s popularity waned (they flooded the market for 2-3yrs appearing everywhere I looked) GV went on to crank out various Utes, the Holden Effigy & Monaro then Brocky's Toranas. 

Afaik all the cars came as built+painted RTRs but eventually Model Engines sold spareparts including unpainted bodysets and wheels too.

Some of these were very nicely sculpted especially the later non V8SCs, they had multiple piece lexan mouldings with separate bumper & chin spoilers etc.

• Thanks 1

an afterthought... :( sad to say Model Engines has shut shop in recent years and the big brands they once distributed have changed agency to other companies in far off States. But how much old stock they'd bother shipping 1000km from Victoria to NSW or Sth Aust vs dumping it, dunno.

there's probably a few dribs & drabs of stale GV stock possibly found in some dusty model shops... trouble is we've have many LHSes shut shop too in the same time.

But as with all things collectible, there's likely some bodysets unpainted unmounted in private hands today.

• Thanks 1

Funnily enough WC, it seems that Model Engines is up and running again, but now in NSW, although it appears they are distributing other brands, compared to what they used too.

yeah after the big guns were pilfered the business name & a few remaining minor marques got sold up north to Universal Hobbies

Mike Farnan the Melbourne founder of ME retired 

Old ME was wholesale only not retail, is the new mob doing some direct sales?

2 hours ago, WillyChang said:

yeah after the big guns were pilfered the business name & a few remaining minor marques got sold up north to Universal Hobbies

Mike Farnan the Melbourne founder of ME retired 

Old ME was wholesale only not retail, is the new mob doing some direct sales?

Nope, just wholesale I believe, distributing all the old ACE brands, plus the old ME stuff not picked up by OMP and the like

Would any of you lovely Aussies be able to do me a favour? I want a shell on Australian eBay, which would be coming from Perth. Would any of you be able and willing to give a local-ish address to post to and then forward in to me in the UK?

Hi Kev,

Glad to assist !

Shoot me a PM and we'll get this sorted !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thommo be correct side of island. 

I'm in Melb on the other side, only 4000km away.

• Thanks 1