Sign in to follow this  
Bwaaatch

Neo Vanquish (mini 4wd)

Oh man don't get me started on mini 4wd bodies. Tamiya keep designing scores of awesome buggy style bodies for these and then releasing crap 1/10th bodies or reres. They should embiggerize some of these mini bodies! 

• Like 5

Everything looks cool about that Mini Vanquish to me except one thing, those wing-things in front of the body's side pods, just behind the front tires. The Aero Avante had them and it wreaked the look of the buggy for me (although being accurate to its mini version).

Cool.. To me this looks like the next level vanquish...

Update : ahhh VQS = Vanquish 😊😊😊

4 hours ago, Saito2 said:

Everything looks cool about that Mini Vanquish to me except one thing, those wing-things in front of the body's side pods, just behind the front tires. The Aero Avante had them and it wreaked the look of the buggy for me (although being accurate to its min version).

Mini 4wds need to conceal their AA batteries, so these kinds of camouflage are often employed when scaling down from larger models. The original Avante Mini 4wd has simple curves added. More recent model often chosen to pretend it’s about aerodynamics.

As part of the unofficial rules of up scaling and already down scaled design (which I am making up on the spot), I’d say we could ditch those bits for 1/10, if desired!

• Like 2

Digging this up from the dead...

I've been on a Mini4WD kick lately, and I'm really digging a lot of the buggy bodies. Wouldn't it be fun if Tamiya started releasing Mini4WD-inspired bodies for the new TD4 platform? I mean dozens of different, wild bodies with big production volume.  I loved the Avante Mk. II and Aero Avante in 1/10, liked the Keen Hawk. It could be risky, or it might be a smash. 

I think that Mini4WD will start picking up due to its low cost. It might be difficult in the States with our weaker club culture to have organized racing without direct hobby shop support.

• Like 2