junkmunki

Vintage Bruiser decals

I have just been fortunate enough to purchase an original 58048 Bruiser from just a couple of streets away from my house.

It is very clean, but some of the decals have peeled, and finding an NOS original set is probably going to prove impossible, so my question is; Who in your opinions make the best aftermarket or repro decals that have the original look?

If anybody out there does have an original set tho.....:rolleyes:

J

I've had both, originals and re-res, and I can say the new ones are noticeable thicker. Getting them to stick & stay all the way down the dep.shape of the doors believe me it is way too difficult to say the least. :(

10 hours ago, waterbok said:

MCI or Tamiya rere

I agree reproduction decals you can't beat MCI I've had a few bruiser repo's from MCI don't get me wrong they are not tamiya quality but definitely worth the money! I did once mix a repo set with the hog heaven decal that goes on the doors of the re-re decal set!

On 10/25/2019 at 3:32 AM, mongoose1983 said:

I've had both, originals and re-res, and I can say the new ones are noticeable thicker. Getting them to stick & stay all the way down the dep.shape of the doors believe me it is way too difficult to say the least. :(

Are the blue stripe decals of the re release identical to the original? I know some re re decal sets had differences to go with body changes.

I dont mind mixing the re re stripes with some vintage sponsor decals.

J

17 hours ago, junkmunki said:

Are the blue stripe decals of the re release identical to the original? I know some re re decal sets had differences to go with body changes.

I dont mind mixing the re re stripes with some vintage sponsor decals.

J

Hi! Unfortunately, I did not take note on that, as I've removed the originals to replace with the newer ones later. As far as I remember I stuck the originals on a piece of plastic and was disappointed the new ones were too thick. Nice, vivid colors indeed, but the sheet was notoriously thicker than the original decal. Now if it was me, I would not use the re-res (I ended up trading mine, years ago), but yes, you can definitely mix them with vintage sponsor decals. Sorry I can't be of help. I hope someone in here will come up with a good reply, as I am curious about that now, too.