Sign in to follow this  
twest03

TA02SW Damper Upgrade

Hi all,

I am currently applying several hop-ups to my TA02SW and was wondering if anybody could recommend anything for the stock dampers, i have currently got the 53155 Low friction and the 53571 TRF on my list but unsure which would be the best or if there are any others worth looking at.

Many Thanks in advance

Have a look at 53280 super low friction dampers, their in a nice gold colour. 

15721212624276167850708406663623.jpg

26 minutes ago, twest03 said:

Thanks @svenb where can i pick a set of these up from as i have looked for these and i can not find them anywhere.

They are out there from time to time, not cheap mind might be best part of £80 when they turn up. 

There are other period dampers that would suit but even more £$€. 

There's a few super low friction sets made

Pink/silver 

Blue/silver

Black

Purple 

Blue

Im assuming you have the re-release ta02w! What other hop ups are you looking at? 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, svenb said:

They are out there from time to time, not cheap mind might be best part of £80 when they turn up. 

There are other period dampers that would suit but even more £$€. 

There's a few super low friction sets made

Pink/silver 

Blue/silver

Black

Purple 

Blue

Im assuming you have the re-release ta02w! What other hop ups are you looking at? 

Hi yes i have the Re-Re TA02SW.

I have already picked up the speed gear set, one way front diff (not sure if i will use it or not), metal wheel hexes, metal servo post and metal cup joints for diff.

I was also looking to replace the stock silver can motor but unsure which one to go for if you could recommend one and any other Hop-Ups worth picking up that would be great.

7 hours ago, Juls1 said:

I used these

http://www.rcmart.com/tamiya-53571-55mm-damper-fluorine-coated-p-4259.html?cPath=389_390

as they are the most old school looking of the currently available dampers. 

they are basically identical to the old TA03 dampers just have threaded body and a coating.

Hi thanks for the reply,

I had them on my list and was leaning towards them but unsure, i was also looking at the 53901 TRF special damper but seem quite steep at £30 each.

The aluminium motor mounts a bit of a must especially if it's a runner. 

There are loads of hop ups that would suit your ta02w, aluminium knuckles/hub carriers, carbon chassis, carbon gear shafts, hard drive shaft, right through to titanium screws. A few haven't been re-released so very expensive like the aluminium knuckles and carbon chassis plates. 

Is it a runner? If it is I'd go brushless 👍

6 hours ago, svenb said:

The aluminium motor mounts a bit of a must especially if it's a runner. 

There are loads of hop ups that would suit your ta02w, aluminium knuckles/hub carriers, carbon chassis, carbon gear shafts, hard drive shaft, right through to titanium screws. A few haven't been re-released so very expensive like the aluminium knuckles and carbon chassis plates. 

Is it a runner? If it is I'd go brushless 👍

Yes it is going to be a runner if i ever get it built LOL.

Can you recommend anywhere where i might pick any of these items up from as i have had a look for the ally parts and can not find them anywhere, i thyought it came with a ally motor mount and a solid drive shaft.

Yes sorry the mount and shaft are included 🙄

3 hours ago, twest03 said:

Yes it is going to be a runner if i ever get it built LOL.

Can you recommend anywhere where i might pick any of these items up from as i have had a look for the ally parts and can not find them anywhere, i thyought it came with a ally motor mount and a solid drive shaft.

Ebay or put a wanted on here. 

The bumper 53145 is pretty good too.