Sign in to follow this  
Nicadraus

Tamiya Spur and pinion gear chart

Does anyone have a spur and pionion gear chart for Tamiya touring cars? 

Specifically for TB, TA, FF and TRF TC cars. 

I used to have one for HPI TC cars but can't find it in my old hard drive. Can't find a chart in the net too for Tamiya cars. Mostly are for AE, Yokomo buggies. 

Thanks in advanced to anyone who can share. 😊

Probably easier to memorise each chassis's internal drivetrain ratio then add on your spur/pinion combo :) assuming you're limited to the kit's specific spur.

Most of the later tourers like TA04/5/6+ and TB Evo III/IV/5+ and all the TRFs 414/415/416/417+ have a universal spur mount, you can use any spur you like & pinion to suit.

If you're willing to hack the motor mounting plate slots there's even wider range still.

Some cars like TA03 once had 3rd party spur options offered too. Or TL01 had Speed Tuned Gear Set. Mini has 3rd party Speed Tuned gears too.

Some belt chassis like TA03 & TA05 had factory-provided choice of pulley sizes so that'll affect internal drivetrain ratio.

TA06 doesn't have choice of pulley provided in kitbox, but easily modded with aftermarket pulleys.

Actually, I just wanted to find a chart that can be helpful not just for me but to many people as well. But thanks anyway. :)

All Tamiyas have charts at the end of the manual, both stock and optional gears, if that's what you mean.

It cannot cover all possible combinations, since there are maybe hundreds for every car, but it's easy to make your own table in Excel for more specific combinations

• Like 1