mongoose1983

cheapest servo saver replac. for a blackfoot?

I've two trucks, and not a single compatible servo saver.

What is the cheapest replacement to the original that can be found online?

Any hints will be welcome. thumb_up.png

Interested in the answer to this too.  My son broke his Monster Beetle's servo saver the other day and I used one from another kit (Boomerang I think, it needed some holes made bigger) and that broke immediately.  

Would 51000 fit?  Or just buy another kit one?

These things are about $4 USD.  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1PC-Alloy-25T-Adjustable-Servo-Horn-Arm-For-FUTABA-SAVOX-RC-Cars-Helicopter-Boat/382680766590?hash=item59198d187e:m:mv7cc7tHfQ5aLUFKnDONLyw

25 splines.  Futaba and many no-name Chinese servos could use these, but not some other brands that use 24 or 23 splines.  

• Like 1

I broke the white kimbrough one on my monster beetle and upgraded to the larger kimbrough. It will also help if you center your servo. I forget the size but i used schumacher titanium rods that were only about $5. Once i did both of those upgrades i never broke a saver again 

1 minute ago, Rb4276 said:

I broke the white kimbrough one on my monster beetle and upgraded to the larger kimbrough. It will also help if you center your servo. I forget the size but i used schumacher titanium rods that were only about $5. Once i did both of those upgrades i never broke a saver again 

I've only recently made the jump to the Big Kim SS, and I'm finding that it sits a little too far forward now...

Sooner or later I'm going to get a couple of of these:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/325D6E3AY/tamiya-blackfoot-center-steering-ver-2?optionId=61107557

I have the V1 type in my Bushy D now (and one in my Frog).  He made the V2 to accommodate larger SSs - the servo sits about quarter inch (~6mm) further back on the V2 as compared to the V1) .  I just haven't gotten around to buying them yet...  

Terry

LOL...  I just looked at that link again...

That's my Bushy D he has pictured on the Shapeways site...  Its an old picture, the Bushy D is bit more fluffy now...

Terry