ducatikid

Caveman replica

Hi guys, I'm wanting to make a version of the Funco buggy in the photo. I've purchased a Fighting Buggy body and have a spare Buggy Champ body to use. I want the side pods of the Fighting Buggy an the rear of the Buggy Champ (if that makes sense!). Has anyone done this or can give any tips on how to do it?

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, sitting and outdoor

No photo description available.

• Like 1

Hi, I've started modifying my Rough Rider to make it look like a 70's Funco buggy, I didn't use any parts from super champ though. You can see the start of my build here, maybe it will help;

I still didn't finish it but I've built a nose cone for it last year. I don't have photos in my computer but you can see them on my instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kyotoblissard/

• Like 1

WOW! Thanks for the info, I've had a read and think I had seen it before. What thickness is the styrene sheet?

You're welcome! I've just measured and it looks to be 1.5mm thick on the side pods.

I am looking forward to see your build.

Great, thank you. I was looking through your post and saw TamTom had done the same. On his blue version the wheelbase looks longer, or is it me? 

3 hours ago, ducatikid said:

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, sitting and outdoor

Is this one of those Optical Illusions, where if you look at the picture long enough, you'll notice a cool looking car just behind the hot chick with the daisy dukes???

Terry

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ducatikid said:

Great, thank you. I was looking through your post and saw TamTom had done the same. On his blue version the wheelbase looks longer, or is it me? 

TamTom's blue buggy has Kyosho rear suspension, it might have slightly different wheelbase and wider track. His buggies are styled after Rough Rider box art so the side pods and nose is different than Funco.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Frog Jumper said:

s this one of those Optical Illusions, where if you look at the picture long enough, you'll notice a cool looking car just behind the hot chick with the daisy dukes???

Theres a car????

• Like 1
  • Haha 2