diddyd

Backing paint

I'm new to this so please excuse me if this is a bad thing to do advice needed, I have a lexan body shell  and spray painted inside mainly White I've read that some use a backing colour to help the effect and protect as well , could I use Halfords grey plastic primer as a backing coat ?

I am not familiar with Halfords, but plastic primer doesn't sound good.  

Most plastic primers are not designed to flex.  Lexan paint must be flexible.  If not a lexan paint, it chips off.  When it does, it can take your paint along with it.  That'd be worse than not doing a backing coat.  I would feel much safer with lexan lacquer like Tamiya PS1 as a backing coat, instead of using plastic primer.  If you already used PS1 to paint, and want less transparency, spray few more times.  Most PS paints don't look good until 3 layers are applied.  

I use the same type of paint to back as I do to colour. E.g. Tamiya PS-1 White, then PS-5 Black. When backing white paint, there is the risk that you haven't laid down the white paint heavy enough, then the darker backing colour will show through from the outside. For that reason, if the inside of the shell can't be easily seen (e.g. it has solid or heavily tinted windows) then it is safer not to do a backing layer.

Thank you all for the advice, I have decided to leave the inside as it is, the outside looks very good now I have removed the film the finish is great and with the tinted windows I can't see inside anyway