mongoose1983

Orig. Avante rear dogbone dimensions

I need to know the exact dimensions of the rear dogbones for the original Avante buggy.

PLEASE help me if you can. I have had a incomplete Avante car for five years and I am still missing those :(

I plan to check prices locally to get them done in steel so I can finally get the car running.

Are they the same as a Avante 2001 ? I can help with that

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Snappy1 said:

Are they the same as a Avante 2001 ? I can help with that

I believe they are. Sadly I've no way to confirm that :(

Are they not the same as rere avante, egress and vanquish?

Must be some rere ones on ebay surely?

• Like 1

The rear dog-bones were the same on all vintage Avante Vanquish 2001 & Egress

• Like 1

3 hours ago, graemevw said:

Are they not the same as rere avante, egress and vanquish?

Must be some rere ones on ebay surely?

I already got the expensive re-res but a friend of mine lost them before I could use them. :(

There's actually a super nice vintage set on eBay as I write this. Now I can pay the cost, but I don't have enough paypal money for the shipping costs. How do you feel about paying triple, and not even having the money to even try?

Thing is so horrible with this build that my Dutch buddy got the set to help my build from TCer alexkidd and not only the guy did not send the correct set, but he did not even send the payment back! :( I needed measurements now to see if I can modify the wrong ones this a*hole sold us, and perhaps get my car running not long from today?

I have had this car for five, almost six years now. I'm starting to believe it is cursed. :(

• Sad 1

49 minutes ago, mongoose1983 said:

I already got the expensive re-res but a friend of mine lost them before I could use them. :(

There's actually a super nice vintage set on eBay as I write this. Now I can pay the cost, but I don't have enough paypal money for the shipping costs. How do you feel about paying triple, and not even having the money to even try?

Thing is so horrible with this build that my Dutch buddy got the set to help my build from TCer alexkidd and not only the guy did not send the correct set, but he did not even send the payment back! :( I needed measurements now to see if I can modify the wrong ones this a*hole sold us, and perhaps get my car running not long from today?

I have had this car for five, almost six years now. I'm starting to believe it is cursed. :(

Sounds frustrating.

I remember i needed a dog bone for my vanquish and it wasnt too easy to track down.

Keep looking and keep posting wanted adds, some will turn up eventually.

• Like 1

On 11/1/2019 at 1:35 PM, didcos said:

58mm pin to pin

63.6mm overall

Alright, we will use these measurements to go this route and see if we can get the cursed car going. Hopefully this will work.

oLCt63A.jpg

I wonder if anybody here did something like this before?

The holding "tube" will be made of hard steel.

I considered the same thing before i found one.

Will need flats grinding onto the shafts for the grub screws to tighten onto to stop rotation, but dont see why it wont work.

Or, weld them if you can, or know anyone who can for you. A jig to hold it  straight and a good weld would end up nice and neat.

That is what I asked the man in here. He works with metals for 1:1 cars downtown but he's into RC as a hobby, too. Said welding would not be a good idea for a motor like the Technigold, but the solution in the picture seems to be good.

I hope once I get the battery pack in the car I'll be able to find out for real what's all the fuss behind this ugly buggy and if there is something true behind the Avante, and not just another RC myth!

No idea why he doesnt like the idea of welding it. 

Not sure if they are hardened but easy to redo if it is. 

If i was going one personally id weld it first and if for whatever reason it didnt work out, make the sleeve.

If it was a 1.1 car driveshaft you'd weld it.

Just now, graemevw said:

No idea why he doesnt like the idea of welding it. 

He told me he's done dogbones many times. And was asking me about KV, whatever that is I don't have a clue. I told him the only info I got on the Technigold is 19000 RPM. So he figures out it would be like a "21 motor" whatever that is. Welding -he said- would be a crazy idea, but I could not afford the complete build of new hard-steel dogbone for the car. I'm just in hopes he can do something with the trash we got from TCer alexkidd -I have no money, and I am not at all happy about letting go any more $$ in this buggy either. I still believe there is some curse over it.

I needed front dogbones for a Marui Samurai, given to me free... ended up that RedCat dogbones, labeled as 61mm were an excellent replacement.  Shy of the originals by only about a mm, they've been performing well.  Measure up at about 56-57mm pin to pin (centers).  Part number was 02003.  A couple of shock O-rings tucked into the cups might be enough to get you running until you find a suitable replacement.  Cheap and easy experiment at least...

• Like 1

I believe that Nova Fox dog bones will work.

They are the same length both total and pin to pin as the rear dog bone bone that came in the rear of my Vanquish. I will be using these when I rebuild it as it was missing one rear dog bone when I got it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bjr250 said:

I believe that Nova Fox dog bones will work.

They're not cheap. And I already wasted money on the Avante re-res. I'm hoping the steel sleeves will make the ones we were fooled with useable with the buggy.