Anyone on here collect technic?

My Son has about 20 sets and wants to sell them. He has the following

NOTE- all are built with no bits missing BUT unboxed,  All built into their main model with exception of Bulldozer but we have spare parts needed for it.

Container truck (blue one) 8052 from 2010 no instructions

Mobile Crane 8053 from 2010 no instructions

Quad Bike (orange) 9392 from 2012 with instructions

Logging Truck 9397 from 2012 with instructions

Mini Backhoe Loader from 2012 with instructions

Excavator 42006 from 2013 with instructions

Moto Cross Bike 42007 from 2013 with instructions

Construction Crew 42023 from 2014 - this is a 3 model set with instructions

Container lorry (yellow skip one) 42024 from 2014 with instructions

Desert Racer (green dragster) 42027 from 2014 with instructions

Bulldozer 42028 from 2014 with instructions currently in B model but we have spare parts to make the dozer and could rebuild to original if wanted

2019-11-03_10-14-07

There is one other we dont have instructions for that I cant find model number for a medium size red racer.

Also two of the models have the Power block?? with motors, currently fitted to the logging truck and the blue container truck.

If anyone interested let me know before they go on EvilBay. Obviously he is looking as much as possible, have checked them on EBay so have a reasonable idea what they are going for.

Thought I would try here first (OR if any of you know a better collector site to offer them on?)

We are UK based.

Thanks in advance, Andrew

On 11/10/2019 at 9:18 PM, Baddon said:

Any advise on collector sites to offer them for sale?

Bricklink.com - the prices here are however more competitive since everyone knows what sets are worth.

I don't know about Ireland but in Australia sets go for way more than bricklink prices via eBay. You are best off selling each one individually and offering postage rather than as bulk lot. Take good photos, add an accurate description and set a price on the higher end of Bricklink used prices - in 1-2 months it'll be sold. 

Red thing is B-model of 42005. 

Bricklink priceguides are close enough as a guide, depressing as it is converting USD to AUD :( plus there's all that postage fluffing about too. If you haven't got a Bricklink presence established already might be less work to post on fleaBay for international audience or lookup Craigslist or local AFOL groups on bookface. 

Not or really a Technics hoarder here... exceptions being the Early Years 1970s :D and anything with interesting mechanisms that catch my eye.

Generally speaking most sets in built used condition should be able to recoup original RRP by about the 5yr mark? Some sets double in value once retired, then stay up there - hard to spot which does what. 

• Like 1

Amazon have the Chiron on sale for £189 at the moment. Thats the cheapest price I have seen for it anywhere. So I bought one. :D