Sign in to follow this  
Kazam

Avante 2011 Rear Gearbox too tight?

Hey Guys!

I am building the Avante Rerelease right now and when I put in the last gear in the rear gearbox, the fit was very tight. The gears still moved, but a lot harder than before. Also the gear box cover fit only very tightly.

Will it still run normal or should I open it back up before I assemble the rest? Sorry If this is sort a dumb question, but I have not build any kit since my youth :D

I attached an image, the gear I am talking about is the last one on top.

Thanks in advance!

IMG_1633.jpg

The gears dont seem to feel right on these untill its all together properly as the center diff plate moves untill the top half is fitted properly.

It can be hard to get the metal plate located right in the top half of the gearbox. Is it all sitting correctly?

• Like 2

Try to fully tighten the diff if that's not already the case. Unless i'ts properly tightened, conical gears won't mesh properly.

• Like 3

Thank you guys very much for your replies! The problem seems to be indeed the center diff, without it the gearbox closes perfectly. Also the back of the center diff is rubbing against the back of the gearbox.

I tried getting the center diff closer to the metal plate, but I do not know how. I build it exactly like described in the manual, I also tried tightening it all the way, that did not help.

Can I just leave out the little white plastic spacer? or is that a bad idea?

IMG_1646.jpg

IMG_1647.jpg

If you want to correctly test your rear gearbox, remove the motor and center prop shaft. Turn the propeller joint by hand. Everything should turn smoothly, without any hard spot. In my experience, with the avante gearbox, problems often comes from the 2 bevel gears that are too close to each other, either because the center ball diff has not been tightened properly or has not been correctly assembled.

Once, I spent hours figuring out what was wrong and it turned out that the 5 spring washers inside the center diff were not the right ones (0.4mm instead of 0.3mm thickness). A few 1/10s of mm and bevel gears won't mesh correctly.

• Like 1

Well I just rebuild the center diff and it turns out I used the wrong spacer for the tiny screw that comes on top, I feel kind of stupid :/

A few 1/10s of mm really make a difference!

Now it fits all smooth, thank you very much!