moffman

What should I do? (this is doing my head in)

Just now, njmlondon said:

There is a chrome blitzer shell for sale on ebay right now... you could maybe buy that and keep your NIB one just in case.

My bad... just looked again and it is a chrome Monster Beetle shell

• Like 1

On 11/8/2019 at 11:25 AM, njmlondon said:

My bad... just looked again and it is a chrome Monster Beetle shell

I've just tried to look for it I did see it for £75 (if that's the one) I think it probably was a blitzer beetle body the only difference with the mb and blitzer is the nose cone and the front mounting hole and unless it was chromed as an aftermarket the mb never had a chrome version! My blitzer chrome is 95% complete and you can really notice the difference between the old pre re-re beetle the plastics are so much less forgiving and the body is a lot heavier (noticeably) could be down to it is heavily chromed and how nice is it to install a manual speed controller!.......a real proper old school build loving it 

Well almost done just got to wait for the servos to arrive I've gone for period (well roughly) servos and I've ran out of time for this weekend at least:( what's struck me is I've been building re-releases for the last 10 years or so which includes the normal blitzer beetle re-re but this one has just different plastic I'm sure? And the way the instructions are laid out jumping from one bag to another you just forget that's what you did before the re-release generation (so to speak) also I had trouble with the e-clips every single one snapped when I was trying to clip them on the shock shafts put new ones on they clipped on straight away:unsure:!

20191109_163708.jpg

20191109_163532.jpg

• Like 4

That looks really decent, I’d be tempted not to sticker it up and just revel in the glory of the chrome 💥

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

That looks really decent, I’d be tempted not to sticker it up and just revel in the glory of the chrome 💥

That did cross my mind with full tinted glass including the rear which makes a change and then again the decals don't exactly dominate the body and they have a very good sparkle to them!

On 11/11/2019 at 8:58 AM, moffman said:

the way the instructions are laid out jumping from one bag to another you just forget that's what you did before the re-release generation (so to speak)

I started with Tamiya with a TT01, and have since built a CC01, GF01, WR02, G601, T301 and SW01, and when I built up a CW01 Lunchbox last night this was one of the first things I noticed, too!

I basically had to open every bag straight away!! The modern kits have many advantages for sure.

• Like 1

Well just finished!  so glad I decided to build it after years of "mint in the box" but hidden away from view now it's on display look good

20191116_105419.jpg

• Like 4

Period servos and loved building a rc with mechanical speed controller just got to (eventually) but no hurry get transmitter + receiver 

20191116_105211.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, moffman said:

Well just finished!  so glad I decided to build it after years of "mint in the box" but hidden away from view now it's on display look good

Good? I think you mean phenomenal! Excellent job 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lsear2905 said:

Good? I think you mean phenomenal! Excellent job 👍

Cheers! I appreciate the comment👍 I was very unsure (for about a couple of decades) weather to build it but the seed was planted when I watched the guy that does rc kicks on YouTube and I think the way he does his videos it all about just build them don't hide them away in bits and he's actually right! And comments  on this forum grew that seed (so to speak) And like I say it was good to build one with a manual speed controller and the chrome is really brilliantly done and you get a little microfibre cloth to polish it with!

20191116_105354.jpg

• Like 5