Moonraker1

Madcap Parts Sourcing Help Needed

I am new to RC cars and this is the first part that I have needed to source! My Grandkids managed to smash my Manta Ray into the side of my Madcap and break the 3 pin ceramic resistor Part No: 17265011 or 7265011 and break one of the plastic mounting posts off. I can glue the post back on but I will need a replacement resistor. Can someone advise me where I can get a replacement? I am in the UK.

Ebay is probably your best source if nobody here has one  . You could use a good clean intact used one at a push if you can't find a new one

Put an ad in the 'sales and wanted' section and you'll probably get lucky . I used to have lots of these resistors but sold the last one I had in August otherwise you could have had one .I'm pretty sure you can use any Tamiya resistor that is matching 3 pin and matches the ohm and wattage of your one . You could also remove the MSC / servo and resistor set up and install an ESC , much better all round and no resistor to damage ever again

I found a new 3 tab resistor for Barneys Hotshot 2 a little while back, which may well suit (you'd have to check the ohms etc as Kev said) - it's part 50212. There may still be some on ebay.

The Monster Beetles/Blackfoots had 3 tab resistors too if I recall correctly :huh:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KEV THE REV said:

You could also remove the MSC / servo and resistor set up and install an ESC , much better all round and no resistor to damage ever again

If I went over to ESC control does it still operate with my vintage 27MHZ contollers as I only own vintage equipment?

Yes , it should plug into your existing receiver where the old servo was removed from and , a very easy installation see pic showing 1060 ESC fitted with vintage Acoms 27MHZ receiver. The Quickrun 1060 is the current favourite , basically a 'plug and play' unit . You'll be up and running in no time . Which receiver do you have ? .

1060 esc.JPG

Where is the best place to buy a Quicrun 1060? I have noticed as usual a large difference in prices on eBay and hobby websites so I want to avoid buying a knockoff!

The ESC will plug into your receiver .

I've got a few of these ESC's and they are largely the same unit with rebranding done by various companies , you only need to pay up to around £15 for one . The one to look for has the switch that fits into a groove on the side of the unit - not a stuck on with double sided tape type

something like this:-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RC-Car-Hobbywing-QuicRun-1060-60A-Brushed-ESC-Electronic-Speed-Controller-Hot/362625667263

@Moonraker1 If you still need the three pin resistor, I've got a brand new sealed "Tamiya 50294 0.2Ω Ceramic Resistor (Three Terminal)" I can stick in the post to you. :)

• Like 1