markbt73

Talk me into (or out of) a Bigwig

9 hours ago, moffman said:

I though when I did it the blue & yellow would clash with the black & silver but it never it turned out really good 

20180811_135826.jpg

Yes. Black & silver is a good option to the original colors.

I can say the only thing I could not get from the original box-art BIG WIG is the yellow on the exhausts. So I painted 'em on mine:

img23692_26012011220159_2.jpg[/IMG]

And here's a very unusual color I would like to try if I ever come a cross a 2nd car to work on:

img23692_07022013053018_5.jpg[/IMG]

• Like 1

...ANd just when I thought I'd settled on this, I've remembered the TA02S Lancia 037. I passed on the TA03 version, and feel like I missed out, so I may go for one of these instead of the 'Wig...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah, that Lancia is a pretty tempting deal with a nice hard body and cockpit set. Part of me still wants the wonky ORV original, but at least the TA02S can do some off road chores as opposed to the TA03 variant.

p.s. wish the Audi Quattro came back on a TA02 chassis

• Like 1

Bigwig vs Lancia 037?  Lancia always wins. 

The name sounds better, the look is like the definition of 80's rally car.  I prefer Delta Integrale, but 037 is no ugly duckling.  No sir.  

80Fjpb0.jpg

Everybody needs a Lancia.  

• Like 2

Yeah, I guess for us car guys of a certain age and temperament, there will never be anything as cool as Group B. Besides, it's a Tamiya hard body I haven't owned yet, and that's always a good thing. I still want a Bigwig, but the Lancia has to come first, I think.

• Like 1