SteveMcQueen

Tamiya Egress Vintage

Hello everybody!

I just buy an old egress and searching for a carbon top deck. And i need a gearbox joint. Number SB17. Would be happy you can help me. I will load some pics of my restore later.

Thanks!

The starting point was my egress, but after i should get my second paket, it seems the second car turned out to be a Avante 2001. I have pretty much parts, i think i can buil an egress and avante. 

20191109_160846.jpg

Umm, that is actually an Avante 2001 with hop ups, not an Egress.

Reasons,   the chassis is FRP, not carbon fibre, same as the shock towers. the Avante 2001 chassis is identical to an Egress except in material.

It also has the 2001 wide bumper, 

It has been fitted with high cap dampers and a few other small Egress parts 

Is the lower deck carbon fibre?

Yes of course. That was the first car i get shipped. Parts are mixed with egress and avante. It take me a lot of time , to find the Titan screws. I cleaned a lot at the moment, but at the moment i dont know hows the best method, to upload pictures here. I send a picture of my actuall point now, with the real egress chassis.  

Just now, SteveMcQueen said:

20191106_204544.jpg

Some parts with cleaned frp parts. I use Ballistol for frp and carbon. Nice look and same for the axles and screws. I put axels and screws in Ballistol for a night and next day i wipe it off. 

OK, very nice...

Those FRP chassis plates are very valuable.You may have enough parts left over to rebuild the Avante as well.

If you have the centre ball diff assembly out of your 2001, drop it in your Egress, I run the triple ball diff setup on my Egress and it's the best solution between the splitter, fixed 4wd and centre diff.

I am looking forward to seeing it finished.

Today i build the rear Stabi on the top deck. Like in the picture you can see, its sadly damage. Extra hole, a corner is missing and a to big hole. I think i put a reciever and a speed control over this point. But for driving its ok. 

For my Avante i missing the white rims, the complete body with sticker ( is the new Avante body the same? ) , front shocks. Thats what i know at the moment. 

20191112_220214.jpg